Return to Headlines
12-14-21 Weekly Message
12-14-21 Weekly Message
- It has been wonderful to have the majority of our students back on campus for in-person instruction. It definitely has felt a bit more normal this year. Sadly, we cannot forget that COVID is still a very real threat in our community. Students, staff, and visitors to our campus are still required by the WCPSS Board of Education to wear face masks. Please ensure that your child comes to school with a face mask every day and understands the importance of still adhering to this requirement.
- The last school day before winter break for students will be this Friday, December 17th. Classes will resume on Monday, January 3rd.
- The last day of Quarter 2 classes will be on January 7, 2022. Students should ensure that all make up work has been turned in to their teachers by WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 5th. Exams will begin on Monday, January 10th.
- Semester 1 Exams will be administered Monday, January 10th - Friday, January 14th. For the complete exam schedule, please visit this link: https://tinyurl.com/24nrn8d
- Congratulations to the swim teams! Last Thursday the women's team defeated Green Hope and the men's team took down Wakefield. Sage Clausen, Molly Curran, and Benjamin Eischeid all earned automatic regional qualifying times- well done swimmers! Special shoutout: Benjamin's 100-yard Freestyle time is currently ranked as the #1 TIME IN THE STATE.
- Congrats to Peyton Joncich! Peyton is Cary High's only diver this year and he competed on Friday and placed ninth in the meet while also placing third in the conference. Peyton will compete again on Tuesday 12/21 at Pullen Park.
- The Speech and Debate team competed this past Saturday. Congratulations to Molly Roylance, who placed first in informative speaking; to Kayla Engler, who placed second in original oratory; to Naila Din, a finalist in Congressional debate; to Lars Roseland, who placed fifth in novice Lincoln-Douglas debate; to Jewels Roseland, who earned an honorable mention in varsity Lincoln-Douglas debate;and to Quinn Groves and Christian Salgado, who earned an honorable mention in varsity public forum debate. We are proud of all who participated!
- Cary's Wrestlers won their Franklinton Duals Championship Saturday defeating five teams by lopsided scores. Cary is now 13-3 on the year and 3-0 in the conference. The wrestlers who participated at the meet each received a Championship T-Shirt, all had winning records on the day!!!
- Interested in Cary Women's Lacrosse? Well, there is a spot for you on the team!! The Spring Season is right around the corner. Email Coach J. at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Attention Juniors: If you’re interested in attending the Rotary Youth Leadership Award Conference, stop by your counselor’s office and let them know today. This conference is specifically designed for juniors who have demonstrated leadership potential in scholastic, athletic, and/or religious activities and will be held in Oxford, NC, April 8-10, 2022. Today is the last day to sign up.
- Career Connections: Don’t miss the Virtual Field trip of the Amazon Fulfillment Center tomorrow, during lunch, in Room 2106. You’ll learn about the Amazon fulfillment process - from online store to doorstep, you will discover how computer science, state-of-the-art engineering, and incredible people deliver your order at Amazon. Space is limited and the virtual tour starts promptly at 12:00.
- Did you take the PSAT? If so, please attend a short information meeting tomorrow, at 12pm in the Student Services Career Center. Pick-up your PSAT test booklet and learn more about your score and next steps to take.
- The Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps Scholarship offers 100% fully-paid tuition scholarships to qualified applicants. Earn your degree and lead the Marines upon graduation. See the attached flyer for general eligibility requirements and how to apply.
- Attention Seniors! It's time to order your cap and gown! Order online at the link listed below, which is also posted in the CHS Class of 2022 Google Classroom. Click here to order.
- The Nu Rho Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, otherwise known as Family Matters has an outstanding scholarship opportunity for students who identify as Black or African American. The Family Matters Scholarship is $1,000 was created to continue one of Alpha Kappa Alpha’s guiding principles, “to cultivate and encourage high scholastic and ethical standards and help inspiring, young black high school seniors who are leaders and agents of change in their communities. Eligibility for the scholarship are as follows:
· Identify as a Black or African-American female
· Upholds a minimum weighted GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
· Will be matriculating into an accredited 4 year college/university Fall 2022
The Application window is now open and will close January 29th at 11:59pm. All applicants will receive an email before March 14th informing them whether they were selected.
- Don’t miss this easy and free opportunity to support the IMP Club and athletics at Cary High. Link your Harris Teeter VIC card to 1957 today. Instructions at https://tinyurl.com/y5wkwheg
- It's time to link your Harris Teeter VIC card. Tell the cashier BEFORE you check-out to enter the Cary High school code 3208 to start earning money for Cary High.
Or click here to link your VIC card online.
- When you choose to support Cary High PTSA through Amazon Smile, a portion of every purchase you make benefits our staff and students. Click here to make CHS PTSA your beneficiary