11-29-21 Weekly Message
11-29-21 Weekly Message
Welcome back from Thanksgiving Break. We have lots of exciting news to share about this week.
- Interims will be sent home on Friday, December 3rd. Parents should check with their students for a hard copy of the interims or review their child’s grades in Powerschool on Friday afternoon.
- Congratulations to the following staff members:
- Mrs. Mary Cordell - our Instructional Assistant of the Year
- Mr. Justin Boggus - our Teacher of the Year
- Mrs. Barbara Bruce - our Diane Kent-Parker First Year Teacher of the Year
- NCTAP (Juniors and Seniors)– Are you interested in learning high tech, in-demand skills, getting paid to do it and earn a degree for free at the same time? The North Carolina Triangle Apprenticeship Program (NCTAP) and WakeWorks are currently accepting applications from Juniors and Seniors for apprenticeship spots in many different fields for next year. The typical apprentices graduate from these programs with an associate’s degree, a journeyman’s certificate and a salary that averages $45-50 thousand dollars a year. To learn more about these fantastic opportunities contact Mr. Evans or Mrs. Ward for more information on how to apply.
- Junior Information Meeting - If you missed the Junior Information Meeting, you can view the recorded presentation and slide deck on the Student Services website. https://sites.google.com/wcpss.net/chsstudentservices/home
- Attention Juniors and Seniors - Registration has been extended to this Wednesday, December 1st for Wake Tech's Career and College Promise Program for Spring 2022. Through this program, students can take college courses tuition free. Please go to the Wake Tech CCP website for registration information https://www.waketech.edu/admissions-aid/career-and-college-promise
- Local communities are in need of skilled firefighters to ensure the safety of their residents. If you love helping others and are up for the challenge, there’s a new Wake County Fire Academy class starting in January. No experience is needed, and you could be on the front lines in less than a year.
- The Annual “Students Against Hunger” Food Drive is underway. Cans and other non-perishables will be collected in 1st periods and monetary donations can be made online. Check instagram for the link. The 1st period with the most donations will win a breakfast from student council. Donations will be accepted through this Wednesday, December 1st.
- Attention Seniors! It's time to order your cap and gown! Order online at the link listed below, which is also posted in the CHS Class of 2022 Google Classroom. If you are a mid-year graduate, you must order your cap and gown by this Wednesday, December 1st. https://carolinagrad.net/collections/cap-gown/products/2021-cap-gown-and-tassel-unit?variant=38402872672407
- The Nu Rho Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, otherwise known as Family Matters has an outstanding scholarship opportunity for students who identify as Black or African American. The Family Matters Scholarship is $1,000 was created to continue one of Alpha Kappa Alpha’s guiding principles, “to cultivate and encourage high scholastic and ethical standards and help inspiring, young black high school seniors who are leaders and agents of change in their communities. Eligibility for the scholarship are as follows:
· Identify as a Black or African-American female
· Upholds a minimum weighted GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
· Will be matriculating into an accredited 4 year college/university Fall 2022
The Application window is now open and will close January 29th at 11:59pm. All applicants will receive an email before March 14th informing them whether they were selected.
- Sports this week:
- Home -
- Monday - Women’s Varsity Basketball vs. South Garner @ 6 pm
- Tuesday - Women’s Basketball vs. Sanderson @ 5:00 & 6:30 pm
- Wednesday - JV/V Wrestling vs. Apex/Davie/RH @ 5 & 6 pm
- Away -
- Tuesday - Men’s Basketball at Sanderson (5 & 6:30 pm)
- Tuesday - Swimming @ Smithfield
- Friday - Indoor Track @ JDL
- Friday - Men’s and Women’s Basketball @ Athens
- Friday - Wrestling @ Orange HS
- Saturday - JV Wrestling @ Green HS (All Day)
- Saturday - V Wrestling @ Orange HS (All Day)
- Don’t miss this easy and free opportunity to support the IMP Club and athletics at Cary High. Link your Harris Teeter VIC card to 1957 today. Instructions at https://tinyurl.com/y5wkwheg
It's time to link your Harris Teeter VIC card. Tell the cashier BEFORE you check-out to enter the Cary High school code 3208 to start earning money for Cary High.
Or click here to link your VIC card online.
When you choose to support Cary High PTSA through Amazon Smile, a portion of every purchase you make benefits our staff and students. Click here to make CHS PTSA your beneficiary
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @cary_chatter, #forksupcary for more announcements. Have a great day Cary.