The NC Department of Public Instruction requires the administration of the PreACT to all eligible 10th graders, the ACT to all eligible 11th graders, and WorkKeys Assessments to all 12th grade Career and Technical Education (CTE) Concentrators. Additional information about these assessments are included below:
Knightdale High is unable to provide calculators for students taking ACT tests. Students may bring their own calculators and/or use the online calculator if they wish to use a calculator on an ACT test.
- All problems on the math test can be solved without a calculator
- A permitted calculator may be used on the math test only
- Students may bring and use any four-function, scientific, or graphing calculator unless it is prohibited by the ACT calculator policy
- Students may visit www.act.org/calculator-policy.html or call 800.498.6481 for a recorded message for additional information
ACT Academy is a collection of videos, games, and interactives from some of the best publishers online. This includes resources from Flocabulary, NASA, Crash Course, GeoGebra, PBS, and tens of thousands of others!
PreACT® offers sophomores an early experience with ACT test items, provides a predicted ACT test score, and offers a wealth of information to help students get the start they need to be college ready. FREE for all North Carolina Sophomores.
- Why Take the PreACT at KHS? (bit.ly/whypreact)
- PreACT Bell Schedule and Class Displacements
The leading US college admissions test that measures what you learn in high school to determine your academic readiness for college. FREE for all North Carolina Juniors.
- Why Take the ACT at KHS?
- Preparing for the ACT® Test Taken in TestNav
- Preparing for the ACT Test
- Information for Examinees
- ACT Family Letter (en)
- ACT Family Letter (sp)
- MyACT Quick Start Guide
- Examinees use MyACT to register and complete non-test information, view and send scores, order test prep, and more!
- MyACT User Guide for Students
- MyACT Profile
- Note: Non-test information questions are optional unless noted.
- MyACT Quick Start Guide
- ACT Bell Schedule and Displaced Teacher List
The Must-Have Skills Assessments for an Empowered, Thriving Workforce. FREE for all North Carolina Seniors who qualify as CTE Concentrators.
- ACT WorkKeys Student List
- Why Take ACT WorkKeys at KHS?
- NCRC Information
- ACT WorkKeys Practice Tests (www.bit.ly/wk-prep)
- Please create an account to access these practice tests
- How the ACT® WORKKEYS® ASSESSMENTS can work for you
- NC Career Endorsement Information
- WorkKeys Student Info