Welcome to Wake Young Men's Leadership Academy's Student Services Department!Mrs. McGlade and Mrs. Hicks look forward to helping each student succeed as he: sets academic, personal, and career goals; learns more about his strengths and areas in which he would like to improve; makes plans for his life after middle school and high school (college/university, military options, work opportunities); and more!We are available for individual student conferences, parent conferences, teacher consultations, and classroom opportunities.Mrs. McGlade is WYMLA's School Counselor for middle school and 9th Grade - and Mrs. Hicks is our School Counselor for 10th-13th grade students and Dean of Students. We are excited about the upcoming school year, and we look forward to meeting each of you!
email@example.comMrs. Ashley HicksDean of Students9th-12th firstname.lastname@example.org
Counseling and Student Services - Vision StatementThe students at Wake Young Men’s Leadership Academy (WYMLA) maximize their academic, personal/social, and career potential by taking full advantage of WYMLA’s comprehensive school counseling program. WYMLA students will use 21st Century Skills such as creative thinking and problem-solving; communication and collaboration; global awareness; and health literacy in becoming college and career ready. WYMLA students will be life-long learners and productive citizens and will be eager to share their professional and personal knowledge with their local communities and the world at large – giving back to others in multitudes the educational opportunities they were afforded at WYMLA and Saint Augustine University.Counseling and Student Services - Mission Statement
The mission of Wake Young Men’s Leadership Academy’s Counseling and Student Services Department is to provide each student comprehensive support in academic, personal, social/emotional and college and career areas. To achieve this mission, our Counseling and Student Services Department provides individual student counseling, student/parent conferences, faculty and staff consulting, classroom lessons, and evening programs. We believe that each student has inherent value, and we seek to maximize student learning and growth so each student is fully prepared for 21st Century challenges and opportunities.Counseling and Student Services - Beliefs Statement
- All students have inherent value.
- All students have the ability to learn and grow academically, socially, and emotionally.
- All students are empowered when they have clear college and career goals, and these goals lead to success in all areas of their lives.
- Student developmental needs are best met by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.
- School counselors are responsible for advocating for all students through leadership in collaboration with teachers, administrators, school partners, and stakeholders.
- School counselors will work directly with our teachers and staff to deliver a comprehensive school counseling program at WYMLA.
- Data must be analyzed and translated into goals that guide the development of the comprehensive school counseling program promoting student achievement.
- Applying the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.
- Each faculty and staff member at WYMLA has strengths that complement and contribute in positive ways to our mission and vision.
The American School Counselor Association