Investigation and Innovation through STEM
The i STEM magnet program at Wake Forest brings together science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) in ways that make learning fun and authentic. iSTEM places a strong emphasis on the individual student and their learning styles and interests. Our school and classroom spaces are designed to engage students with hands-on learning experiences that foster inquiry, curiosity, confidence, problem solving, collaboration, critical thinking, and communication.
Students use the Design Thinking process to engage in authentic and hands-on learning experiences through quarterly investigations (Inquiry-based-learning units)
- practice critical thinking
- deepen their engagement with their own learning
- develop skills that will prepare them for the future
- find creative solutions to problems based on experimentation and observation
- collaborate with industry experts as mentors
Mandarin Chinese and Spanish language classes enrich students’ cultural perspectives while exposing students to languages most needed in a Global STEM economy. Classroom teachers will collaborate with Mandarin and Spanish teachers to discover international connections to quarterly investigations.