The purpose of school improvement is to improve achievement and outcomes for every student by working to eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
We do this by collaboratively and continuously analyzing data and making decisions considering the unique needs of the learning community and the district's strategic plan.
School Improvement Team Membership
- Judith Bennett, 3rd grade teacher
- Katie Carr, Kindergarten teacher
- Sarah Chi, Assistant Principal
- Carolyn Cockman, Guidance Counselor
- Keith Faison, Principal
- Chrystal Holland, IRT
- Trelice Faison, 4th grade teacher
- Shireen Mehl, 2nd grade teacher
- Kelly Nuckols, AIG teacher
- Sherry Presnall, Parent
- Michael Stiefel, Speical Assistant to Southwestern Area Superintendent
- Maria Thomas, 5th grade teacher
- Kelli Totten, 1st grade teacher
- Jennifer Widstrand, Literacy Coach
- Hannah Wilson, Media Specialist
- Portia Wilson, Instructional Assistant
School Improvement team members approved on June 1, 2018
School Improvement Meetings
All school improvement meetings will be held in room #401 Apex Elementary.
- September 11, 2018 at 7:45 - 8:45 a.m.
- September 18, 2018 at 7:45 - 8:45 a.m.
- October 16, 2018 at 7:45 - 8:45 a.m.
- November 13, 2018 at 7:45 - 8:45 a.m. * Quarterly Review
- December 18, 2018 at 7:45 - 8:45 a.m.
- January 15, 2019 at 7:45 - 8:45 a.m.
- February 20, 2019 at 7:45 - 8:45 a.m. * Quarterly Review
- March 19, 2019 at 7:45 - 8:45 a.m.
- April 23, 2019 at 7:45 - 8:45 a.m.
- May 21, 2019 at 7:45 - 8:45 a.m. * Quarterly Review