•All traffic exiting school during carpool must turn right continuing to Apex Peakway.
•All traffic heading north on Tingen should continue past school, turn left on James St., travel past carpool van entrance to Salem Village circle and to re-enter the southbound carpool line.
- Student should not be dropped off prior to 8:50 a.m. unless they serve on the safety patrol committee.
- Any student arrivals after 9:15 a.m., will need a parent to accompany them inside to sign in.
- Start lining up at the "Stop Here for Carpool" area of the parking lot.
- Wait until Staff Member signals the start of carpool.
- Pull up to a waiting staff member or Safety Patrol student who will open car door and welcome your student to school.
For safety reasons, kindly do not let your child out of the car until it is your turn at the drop off area.
Afternoon Carpool will start at 3:45 p.m.
- All carpool tags should be hanging from the rear view mirror with the number displayed and remain hanging until students have safely entered the car. Children may only enter a car that displays their carpool number on the official Apex ES carpool tag.
- Drivers without carpool tags will be asked to park and bring in a photo ID to the office to check the student out. This is to make sure the person picking your child up has your permission on the locator card.
- In addition to knowing and listening for their carpool tag number, your child will be asked to be attentive to which cone to move to using the color cone system.
- If your child is paying attention and at the correct cone when you arrive, they will be given a Gotcha by a carpool staff member. (A Gotcha is part of AES's Positive Behavior Incentive System called PAWS. For more information about Gotchas and PAWS, click here.)
- If your child is not at the correct cone or listening for their carpool tag number, the carpool staff will help your child to recalculate. Please do not leave a gap in the carpool line but rather drive forward to the next available cone knowing that a carpool staff member will help your child to the correct cone. Also, please display your carpool tag number until your child has entered the vehicle.
Helpful Hint #1:
Make sure your child knows their carpool tag number
Helpful Hint #2:
If possible, please have your child's car seat secured in the back passenger-side of your car.
Helpful Hint #3:
It is suggested that your child know how to buckle themself into their carseat as this will help streamline carpool. If this is a problem, please pull forward to the flagpole area to fasten your child's carseat.
Thank you for your help and patience
with the carpool safety rules.