Bring Your Own Device
Please review the Technology Guidance for Families Fall 2020 for information about BYOD.
During in-person instruction:
- Students with a WCPSS device should plan to bring their device (and charger) to and from school.
- Students who are using a personal device can choose to bring their device to school or not. If the student brings their device, the school will need to follow BYOD guidelines (listed below). If the student does not bring their device, they cannot share a device with another student. Students and families can expect teachers to develop lessons that allow students to be successful regardless of technology access at school.
Students with Personal Devices and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD):
- Parents can choose to allow or not allow their student to bring their personal device.
- All students who bring a personal device to school are required to have a signed copy of the BYOD Consent Form (Spanish) on record.
- The BYOD Consent Form details the district's related policies.
- Review Board Policy 3225: Technology Responsible Use. Read the section titled “Use of Personal Technology on School Board Property.”
- If a student has a personal (BYOD) device, the device will join a guest network. Directions for connecting to wcpssguest are HERE.
Go to the Guides for Technology site. Look for the Contact the Help Desk box.
Click on the link for the online support form or call the Help Desk at 919-694-8100.