Welcome to LRMS Media Center
If you are interested in the Battle of the Books Club, the website is located in the Students tab -> Clubs.
Amazing Free eBooks & Resources
Design Your Own Tic-Tac-Toe Variation!
Want to challenge yourself, but need some ideas? Complete the tasks below to fill in the squares. Yes, I know. There are more tasks than squares! That's where you come in. You can decide how best to spend your time. Also, you must fill all squares, unlike traditional tic-tac-toe. But you've got plenty of time :)
To fill each square, you must complete one of the following:
→Recommend a book to someone – 5 times
→Read for information (Use NCWiseOwl – teachers & Ms. Ruby have password) – 10 times
→Read aloud to improve public speaking skills – 10 times
→Read aloud to sibling, adult, etc. – 10 times
→Have someone read aloud to you – 10 times
→Listen to a podcast – 5 times
→Watch a virtual field trip – 5 times
→Use Brainpop.com (teachers and Ms. Ruby have login info) – 10 times
→Read a classic (Free ones at https://www.bookshare.org/browse/collection/368172) – 1 book
→Take a virtual tour of the Smithsonian National Museum of National History (https://naturalhistory.si.edu/visit/virtual-tour) - 2 tours
→Listen to a free Audible book (https://stories.audible.com/discovery) – 1 book
→Find a recipe and cook/bake – 5 times
(I cannot post password info to NCWiseOwl and username and password to Brain Pop on the web. But don't let that stop you from using these great resources. Send me an email, and I'll get that info to you asap. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Turn in! Create your own 3 x 3 grid and fill it in with your activities. Include name, grade and track. I'll have some fun prizes in the Media Center when we return!
CommonsenseMedia Internet Safety Lessons
Grade 6 - Don't Feed the Phish!
Author Scott Reintgen Visit on Jan. 21, 2020
Donors Choose project "And the Story Continues!" fully funded in August, 2018.
This project's focus was adding series books to the Media Center collection.
Local author and former Lufkin student Scott Reintgen returned to Lufkin
on January 21 and 31 for the release of Ashlords!
Newspapers in Education (NIE)
News & Observer
See Mrs. Ruby for login information
- Home page - Links to online resources
- Library Search - Find books in the LRMS collection
- The Battle of the Books Club is for students who like to read but LOVE competition. Students read books from the North Carolina School Library Media Association list which is published for each school year. The LRMS students prepare for the county compeititon held in late February. If you are interested in Battle of the Books, see Mrs. Ruby and tell her "BOB sent me!"
- 2019-2020 Middle School Battle of the Books List
- 2020-2021 Middle School Battle of the Books List
- Find the right book for your Lexile level.