Oakview Elementary Guidelines for Walkers
School Year 2019 - 2020
- Only students who live in Hensley or Twelve Oaks who are identified by WCPSS Transportation Department are permitted to receive walker passes.
- All walkers must be accompanied by an adult.
- All walkers must enter the school by using the pedestrian greenway located at the rear of Oakview Elementary School. (Note: This is a change from previous years - no walkers should enter the front of the school.)
- Walkers use the paved greenway, track, and sidewalks and enter the door at the end of the main corridor starting at 8:45 a.m.
- Walkers will be dismissed from the same door at 4 p.m. each day. (Note: This is a later time than previous years. Parents should wait between Mobile Unit 1 and the brick wall of the building. Carpool tags that have a walker sticker must be presented in order for students to be released as walkers. There will be an assigned staff member calling each student by number.)
- If there is a change of transportation (due to rain, etc…) parents must call the school prior to 3 p.m. and speak with the receptionist to change the mode of transportation.
- Parking a vehicle, and then walking to pick-up a student who is identified as a walker, is not permitted.