Mt. Vernon Middle School
Our largest program serves at-risk middle school students who are not experiencing adequate success in their base schools. Students referred to Mt. Vernon often are failing academically. They also may demonstrate some behavioral difficulties in their base school. These difficulties are usually of a playful nature and occur most often during the unstructured times and areas at the base school. Students who benefit from Mt. Vernon have demonstrated a history of building positive relationships with teachers in their schools and demonstrate a desire to improve their circumstances. Our middle school program emphasizes strengthening basic academic skills. Academic remediation is available for students in the areas of Math and Reading.
- 10:1 Student to Teacher Ratio
- Full Time Counselor & Social Worker
- Core Instruction, PE, FACS, and CTE
- Student and Family Nights
- Daily Behavior Contract for All Students
- Weekly and Monthly Incentive Programs
- Unifrom Dress Code
- Student placement is for the remainder of the school year
Mt. Vernon at a Glance
Below are one page documents that give a brief overview of Mt. Vernon Middle.
For more information and to make a referral to the traditional program, click here.