For a one page description of the Program, please click the link below.
- To advance overage students to the age appropriate grade
- Prepare students for transition to high school after 1 semester
- Offer a rigorous course of study
- Promote a positive transition to high school focusing on graduation in 3.5 years if possible
- Teach civic responsibility through community service learning opportunities
- Decrease high school drop out rates and increase students graduating on time
- Student to Teacher ratio of 15:1
- Designated School Counselor with follow up until high school graduation
- 90 minute block schedule
- Service Learning Module
- Students required to wear the unified dress code
- Career Education emphasis
- Student has been retained at least one time in his/her school history.
- Student is able to complete a rigorous academic course of study in 18 weeks.
- Student is at or above academic grade level.
- Student has been able to maintain A/B/Cs at his/her base school.
- Student has demonstrated a history of building positive relationships with teachers in the referring school
- Student has no history of severe or aggressive acting out
- Student demonstrates a relatively consistent pattern of attending school
Guest Speakers from various businesses in Wake County
Field Trips to colleges such as Wake Tech, AT&T
- Tutoring/Mentoring students in the Bridges Program
- Arts and Crafts and Dancing with the participants at TLC in Cary
Parent High School Information Meetings