Mission & Vision
Wake County’s Mission
Wake County Public School System will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.
Forestville Elementary’s Vision
The Forestville Community will foster relationships in order to empower students to SOAR and become successful Global 21st Century Learners.
Wake County’s Core Beliefs
- Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning each day.
- Every student is expected to learn, grow, and succeed while we eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
- Well-supported, highly effective, and dedicated principals, teachers, and staff are essential to success for all students.
- The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high-performing organization focused on student achievement.
- The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
- The Wake County residents value a strong public system and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.
Forestville Elementary’s Value Statements
- Forestville staff will empower students to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning every day.
- Students will engage in learning experiences that encourage creativity, effective communication, collaboration, and critical thinking everyday.
- Administration and instructional staff will analyze, use, and share data to provide an environment of continuous improvement.
- The community, parents, students, and staff will participate in global learning experiences to enhance our students’ awareness of the world around us.
- Our learning community will embrace the PBIS framework to encourage positive student behaviors and support students as they become productive citizens.