2020-21 Meal prices
Wake County Board of Education Policy 6221: Meal Charges
*Students eligible for reduced-price meals will receive their breakfast and lunch at no cost for the 2020-2021 school year.
Meal Charges Policy
If a student has insufficient funds for their meal, they may charge the amount that they are unable to pay, so long as this does not create a negative account balance of more than $5.00 (five dollars). Students may not charge a la carte items. Parents will be notified of low and negative account balances and are responsible for paying all meal charge debt by the last day of the school year. Should a prepayment be made on an account with a negative balance, the prepayment will first be applied to the negative balance. For more information, see Policy Code: 6221 Meal Charges.
Weekly low/negative balance alerts
Child Nutrition Services alerts elementary and middle school parents who have low or negative balances on their child’s school meals account to add money to the account. Alerts are sent on Wednesday in the afternoon. Families may opt out of this service by calling CNS at 919-856-2918 or completing the form on our “Contact Us” page to submit a request.
Receive alerts when your student needs funds to make purchases
- Sign up is secure, easy and no-cost.
- View your student's purchases and account balance at any time.
- Using this feature does not require on-line payments.
- Set up notifications are at no cost to you. You'll receive an email that informs you when additional funds will be required to ensure your student has funds for meal or other item purchases.
Managing your student's account
- Talk to your school dining room manager if you would like to receive a record of your student's purchases or you would like to add purchasing restrictions for your students (such as "may purchase lunch only," or "may purchase snacks on Fridays only," etc.).
- We use CHECKredi as our check service provider. Your check should include your full name, street address and phone number. By presenting your check, you authorize service charges and processing fees to be debited from your account. If you have questions about a returned check, contact CHECKredi at (800) 686-9522.
- Donations, Refunds, and Monetary Transfers
Questions about AutoPaymentsFor questions about AutoPayments, contact Child Nutrition Services at 919-856-2918.
Pre-Pay for Meals Online
With a MySchool Bucks account paying for school meals is easy. Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com or call (855) 832-5226 to enroll. You'll need your child's NCWISE ID number, available in your registration materials or at your school. Once your account is established you may:
- Securely deposit funds to your child's account
- Check balances
- Set spending limits