- All students who are being picked up or dropped off by a vehicle must be picked up or dropped off through the carpool line. Do not ask students to meet you at any place other than the carpool line.
- Families who plan to drop off or pick up their child at anytime during the year must register in the front office for a car-pool tag. This tag must be displayed when the car comes through the car-pool line. The tag helps staff identify students and is a security precaution. It is dangerous to have children cross the parking lot during carpool; therefore, drop off the child first in carpool, then park your car if you are coming into the building for meetings or to volunteer. Please pay special attention while driving through school areas, and cell phone use while driving is discouraged.
- Arrival: carpoolers must be dropped off in the carpool lane which is on the left side of the campus, in front of the gymnasium, starting at 8:00 AM and ending at 8:25 AM. Staff members and student safety patrols will direct students to enter the building until 8:25 AM. Students arriving after 8:30 AM are tardy and must be signed in by a parent/guardian in the office. The student must obtain a Class Admission slip before going to class. We value punctual attendance.
- Dismissal: carpoolers will be dismissed from the gym when the adult on duty calls their carpool numbers. We will dismiss students from the assigned area from 3:00 PM to 3:20 PM. If picking up your child by 3:20 PM is going to be a concern, you should make other after-school child care arrangements.
- Parents should register for carpool numbers in the school office prior to the first time you pick up your child/children from car-pool. We encourage parents to help their child to remember this carpool number. This helps the carpool lane move faster. Also, please ensure that this number is displayed in the car that picks up the child. If you do not have a carpool number displayed, you will be asked to park and go to the office to sign your child out. Tags are to be returned to Brentwood Elementary School’s front office if you change schools or at the end of the school year.