Single Subject Acceleration
Single Subject Acceleration (SSA) is the practice of assigning a student to a higher-grade level than is typical, given the student's age, for the purpose of providing access to appropriately challenging learning opportunities. SSA is an accelerative practice that allows students to show mastery of the content of a course without having taken the course.
What is the process for Single Subject Acceleration?
- Parents can nominate his/her child to skip a grade level of content in either Language Arts OR Mathematics.
- Nomination forms will be available from your child’s school or through the online site listed below during the specified Nomination Windows.
- Only students who are enrolled and attending WCPSS schools during the Nomination and Testing Windows will be eligible to participate in the in SSA during the 2019-2020 school year. Schools will offer differentiation as needed for students entering WCPSS after the SSA deadlines.
- Parents may nominate students for this accelerative practice ONLY within our school’s specified nomination window (spring 2019).
- Testing will ONLY occur during our specified testing window during Spring of 2019. Accelerative services will commence at the start of the 2019-2020 school year.