Meredith Teague - AIG teacher
Single Subject Acceleration
Single Subject Acceleration (SSA) is the practice of assigning a student to a higher-grade level than is typical, given the student's age, for the purpose of providing access to appropriately challenging learning opportunities. SSA is an accelerative practice that allows students to show mastery of the content of a course without having taken the course.
What is the process for Single Subject Acceleration?
- Parents can nominate his/her child to skip a grade level of content in either Language Arts OR Mathematics.
- Nomination forms will be available from your child’s school or through the online site listed below during the specified Nomination Windows.
- Only students who are enrolled and attending WCPSS schools during the Nomination and Testing Windows will be eligible to participate in the in SSA during the 2017-2018 school year. Schools will offer differentiation as needed for students entering WCPSS after the SSA deadlines.
- Parents may nominate students for this accelerative practice ONLY within our school’s specified nomination window. Our school’s nomination window is April 6 - April 26.
- Testing will ONLY occur during our specified testing window during Spring of 2017. Accelerative services will commence at the start of the 2017-2018 school year.
- For more information, including dates and locations of regional Parent Informational Sessions, please refer to www.wakeacceleration.weebly.com or contact your school’s SSA contact. Parents are encouraged to attend one of these regional meetings. Understanding that not all parents will be able to attend one of the evening meetings, the information will also be posted on the internet site above.