The Purpose of the FRES Safety PatrolSafety Patrol fulfills an educational role at Forestville Road Elementary School by teaching responsibility through assigned tasks and roles, under guidance. Safety patrol encourages character development through the recognition of achievement and holds students accountable for their participation and creates role models to be emulated through the program.
Benefits Safety PatrolSchool Safety Patrols benefit students, schools, and communities.Students gain:
Schools benefit from opportunitiesto promote:
- Safety awareness
- Respect for law enforcement
The overall Communities benefit from:
- Traffic safety awareness
- Peer-to-peer education
- Character-building opportunities
- A constructive outlet for students’ energy
- A positive relationship with parents, law enforcement.
- Safer environments for pedestrians and motorists.
- A spirit of volunteerism and civic mindedness.
- A positive collaboration between students, parents, schools and law enforcement.