Otter Splash News & Reminders
Posted by Stephanie Bias on 10/29/2021
Principal’s Otter Splash 10/29/2021 Versión en español aquí
Hello, Oak Grove family! We hope you had a wonderful weekend! If you and your Otter celebrate, I hope you had a fun and safe Halloween!
Track 4 Families should have received Quarter 1 report cards on Friday, October 29. Please reach out to your child’s teacher with any questions.
We want to thank all of you for your understanding with the transportation situation on Friday. We appreciate all our families working to ensure our dismissal was safe and efficient on Friday. During normal carpool, we run about 100 cars in less than 20 minutes. Friday, we had about 150 cars (many who had never gone through carpool before), and we completed dismissal in less than 30 minutes. Friday afternoon follows the motto we have adopted at Oak Grove this year “…together we can do so much.”
Picture Day is Coming (Tracks 2 & 4):
Picture Day for Tracks 2 & 4 is November 3. This includes our Virtual Academy Students. VA’s picture schedule time is 11:50-12:15 on November 3. You can go to strawbridge.net and enter code FM375089 if you are interested in ordering pictures.
Apex Leadership Fundraiser (Tracks 1 & 4):
The Apex FUN RUN fundraiser and leadership program began last week for Tracks 1 & 4! Read more here:
Pledging is now open for our Apex Fun Run event fundraiser for Tracks 1 & 4! So far, our school has raised almost $51,000!
We’re raising funds for . . . Reconnecting the Oak Grove Elementary Community, Technology Enhancements, Cultural Arts Programs, Teacher Appreciation, Continued Advocacy to OGE Families and so much more!
and WE NEED YOUR HELP:
- Getting Started: Log onto the MyApexEvent.com website using your student’s unique ACCESS CODE. Codes came home on Monday, October 25!
- Make a donation: Simply click the “Enter Pledge” button on your student’s donation page to make a $ pledge per lap or any flat donation amount.
- Share with Family & Friends: Invite family and friends to donate online using the “Share Wizard” feature. Send a link via SMS text, email, and social media.
- Be a Cheerleader: On Thursday, November 4, Track 1 & 4 families encourage your student to do their best at our Apex Fun Run event. It’s going to be a TON of FUN! (Unfortunately, due to COVID protocols, parents cannot attend the Fun Run Event.) Thanks to all for supporting our wonderful school! #ApexLeadershipCo #ApexAsOne #BuildingLeaders
Outdoor Seating Update (Volunteer Lunch Monitors):
The Outdoor Seating Committee is still looking for Volunteer Lunch Monitors. We still need more parents to sign up for next week (November 1). Please check your schedule and join us. We may also have to cancel later this week due to inclement weather. We will send that information out as soon as we make a decision in the morning of the predicted weather event.
In order to sign up, all volunteers must register on a school computer for security clearance. Please email Ms. Dahlhoff email@example.com if you need to register as a volunteer. We will have computers set up outside all day on Tuesdays from 7:15-5:00, but Ms. Dahlhoff can work with you if you need a different time/date.
Here is the sign-up link:
PTA Partners with Local Camp and Local Artist:
Over The Moon Play Space is offering play-based STEM and Art track-out camps this fall and winter, with both half-day and full-day available. They are going to donate 10% of all camp revenue booked with code OGES between now and the end of September to the OGES PTA! Go to https://www.overthemoonplay.com/track-out-camps to learn about the camps and book a spot.
The PTA has an exciting opportunity for you to remember your child’s time at Oak Grove. The local artist, Lew Wilson, has created a print of our beautiful school. You can even order an ornament! You can find the information here: https://bit.ly/3BjWXc7
COVID cases at school:
Please help us continue to keep our Otters safe by carefully monitoring any symptoms at home. Please do not send your Otter to school unless they are free of symptoms. Also, please encourage your Otter to appropriately wear a face covering as much as possible while indoors. The exception of exposure statement from the COVID team reads: Exceptions: If face coverings were worn appropriately (over nose, mouth, and under chin) and consistently by both the person with COVID-19 and the potentially exposed person.
If we have a presumptive positive case at school, the school’s first step is to notify the COVID nurse/health department. We work with that agency to conduct contact tracing. Individuals that are determined to have been in contact with the presumptive positive case are notified.
CDC considers someone exposed to COVID-19 if they were within 6 feet of an infected person, without a face covering, for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period starting from 2 days before illness onset or, for infected people without symptoms, 2 days before they had a sample collected to submit for COVID-19 testing.
WCPSS no longer sends out an email to the entire school when there is a presumptive positive case. Instead, the School District will update the WCPSS COVID Metrics website daily to list schools where someone reported to have COVID-19 was in the school. Information for employees is shared via WakeConnect.
As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Ms. Tysor or me with any questions you may have. We are happy to help.
All my best,
Stephanie Bias, Principal
- Join the PTA: https://oakgrove.memberhub.store/
- November 1, 3, 4, and 5: Track 3 Summer Camp Week 4
- November 2: No School, Teacher Workday (Track 1, 2, & 4)
- November 3: Fall Picture Day (Track 2 & 4)
- November 4: Apex Leadership Fun Run (Track 1 & 4)
- November 5: Quarter 2 Interim reports go home (Track 1 & 2)
- November 9-10: IOWA testing for 3rd & 4th Grade (Tracks 1 & 2)
- November 10: Track-out Day, Track 2
- November 11: No School, Veteran’s Day Holiday
- November 12: No School, Day of Reflection (Track 1, 2, & 4)
- November 15: No School, Day of Reflection (Track 3)
- November 15-19: Track 2 Summer Camp Week 3
- November 16: Track-In Day, Track 3
- November 17: Make-up Picture Day, Fall Pictures (Track 1 & 3)
- November 22-23: Track 2 Summer Camp Week 4
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016