Bulldog Bulletin for the Week of May 31st
5/27th-6/1- EOGs 3rd-5th
5/30- No School
6/7- Field Day
6/8- Fun Run/ 5th Grade Kickball Game
6/9- 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony @10:00
6/10- Last Day of School
Lunch Next Year
All students currently receive free school meals supported by federal funding due to the pandemic. This funding is set to end on June 30, 2022. In order to receive free or reduced-price meals for next school year, families need to submit a meal benefits application.
All families must complete an application for the 2022-2023 school year starting July 1 in order to receive benefits. Please allow 10 business days for processing.
For every student that turns in the free and reduced meals application and qualifies, the school also receives federal funds that benefit the students and teachers at the school.
We need you to complete a 2022-2023 meal benefits application so our school can be eligible for extra funding next year. If you have not completed a free or reduced-price meal application and think your child may be eligible, pick up an application at your child’s school or apply online. Paper applications can also be requested by calling 919-588-3535 or 919-856-2920 or emailing email@example.com.
- K-5 Breakfast $1.50 and lunch $3.00
- 6-12 Breakfast $1.75 and lunch $3.25
No Drop Off or Pick Up on Pond Street
As a reminder, you may not pick up or drop off your student on Pond Street. If you are picking up as a walker, you must walk up. If you are in your car you must get in the carpool line. You will be redirected to carpool if you pull up on Pond Street. Thanks for helping to keep everyone safe.
EOG TESTING 3rd-5th
- Tuesday, May 31st- 3rd-5th Grade Reading
- Wednesday, June 1st- 3rd and 5th Grade Math
Please make sure to plan around these dates. It is important for students to be at school for the tests. Tests start at 9:30 and typically run to 12:00. Here is a link with more information.
Sign Up to help with Field Day
Field Day Organization K-1 will divide their classes in half. Teachers will guide one group and either a TA or parent volunteer will guide the other. Each group will start on a specific number and rotate every 5 minutes. I will use the fog horn when it’s time to switch games. 2-3 & 4-5 will divide your class into partners (they may choose their partners if you wish) with whom they will go to the stations. They Must stay with their partner while participation in Field Day. If there is an odd number, try to pair the extra person with someone from another class. If not put 3 in a group and they can take turns participating with each other. There are 20 stations around the playground. K-1 will have 2 hours because it takes longer to rotate centers. There is no limit as to how many times they can do a station, with the exception of our dunking station, which can only be done 1 time. Appropriate shoes/clothing must be worn – play clothes and tennis shoes. No flip flops, sandals, crocs,
Before and Afterschool for 22-23 School Year
Please complete this form if you are interested in Before and After School Care for next year. They have not yet shared the rates for next year. They will have a registration fee of $15.00, but we are not collecting that money yet.
Kirk of Kildaire Summer Information
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Classes for all ages – from infants to adults
- For children, classes include reading, math, games, art, including a soccer coach!
- For adults, there are English classes
- Runs from June 22 to Aug 12 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Vaccination is required for those eligible.
Kirk of Kildaire Support Events
- Vaccination clinics on May 26, June 9, June 23. They are from 3 to 7 PM. No appointment or identification is needed. They plan to give all vaccines – – first shot, second shot, first booster, second booster. This is with the mobile unit so it is in our parking lot. The health workers speak Spanish.
- Food distribution this weekend which will include vegetables, diapers, and pet food. This is from 10 to 12.
- June 18 we will have another food distribution which will also include a pop-up Clothes distribution from A Note in the pocket. These are both from 10 to 12. No identification or anything is needed.