Trailblazer Times 12/18/22
Happy Sunday, Trailblazer families- I hope you had a great weekend!
All students and staff are encouraged to participate in our Banks Road Elementary Count Down to Winter Break Spirit Week.
Merry Monday 12/19- Dress like a present!
Tuesday 12/20 -Pull out that Holiday sweater!
Wednesday 12/21- Wear your favorite Pajamas!-
Reminder that Wednesday 12/21 is an early release day and all students will be dismissed at 1:45 PM.
We are then tracked out until JANUARY 19th!
Some of you have requested the staff preferences spreadsheet so it is posted HERE
The Penguin Patch was a HUGE success last week and we are grateful to the PTA and all of the parent volunteers who worked hard to make it happen! We have received some feedback and will make adjustments to improve the crowds/lines and shopping experience for next year.
We had a brief PTA meeting on 12/13/22- here are some highlights from the minutes:
President Update from Linda Finnell -
1. Tie Dye T shirts that were pre-ordered for Fall Festival - there are still some that were never picked up - an e-mail has been sent, follow up directly with Linda if you are missing a shirt.
2. If you are interested in serving as an office next year, please let us know - we’d love to have you shadow us the rest of the year to learn about PTA - both Linda F and Lindsay G can no longer serve)
Update from Secretary Lindsay Goldstein -
1. Still seeking Chik-fil-A gift cards or rewards - please bring to front office by Monday, 12/19 - thank you to all who donated so far
2. Book Vending Machine arrived! Pictures coming soon to our Facebook page!
Update from Treasurer Suzanne Dillon -
1. Fall Festival was a big success; PTA made $715.00
2. We are requesting feedback from parents/teachers on holiday shop so far so that we can consider potential other vendor options for next year
Update from Principal Simmons -
1. Book Vending Machine - we have enough books to fill it intially; Mrs. Simmons just needs to get behind the machine to scan the QR code for instructions on how to fill it
2. Re-Stock - Mrs. Simmons has student funds that can be used to purchase books; Mrs. Torrey suggested Scholastic Books for discounts; also suggested asking the librarian for popular titles and buying in bulk.
3. Mrs. Simmons asked for feedback on how many Blazer Bucks should be required to earn a coin (for a free book of a child’s choosing) - the Movie Ticket is 200 BB, Lunch with Mrs. Simmons is 50, so 100 was suggested
4. The building will be closed from December 22nd through January 2nd - otherwise staff will be in the front office during track out
5. Lost and Found will be photographed and posted to the Facebook Group over track out - anything not claimed will be donated
Mark your calendars
December 12-21 dress-up days (see above for details)
Wednesday, December 21st- Early Release- all students dismissed at 1:45 PM
December 22-January 18th TRACK OUT!
Thursday, January 19th- students return