Principal's Message 8.19.19
For the week of August 19th:
- Monday, August 19th: PTA Monthly Meeting in the Media Center from 6pm – 7pm
- Monday, August 19th: Track 1 Prior Year Meal Benefits Expire
- Wednesday, August 21st: Boosterthon Pep Rally for Track 3 and Track 4
- Thursday, August 22nd: Boomers Auditions at 8am in the Multi-Purpose Room
For the week of August 26th:
- Tuesday, August 27th: Picture Day for Track 1 and Track 3
- Friday, August 30th: Track 3 and Track 4 Fun Run 9:30am for K-2, 10:45am for 3-5
In the coming weeks, we will have a lockdown drill. Students and staff will learn what to do in the event of a lockdown emergency. During the lockdown drill no one will be able to enter or exit the building until the drill is completed. Please be patient if you arrive on campus during the drill.
PRIOR YEAR MEAL BENEFITS EXPIRATION DATES:
Meal benefits from the prior school year expire on the following dates:
Track 1 – August 19, 2019
Track 2 – September 9, 2019
Track 3 – September 10, 2019
Track 4 - September 9, 2019
Please contact the school to speak to Mrs. Guttery, Cafeteria Manager, if you have questions about your status.
EXTENDED CONTENT SUPPORT CLASSES:
The Extended Content Support Classes are cooking an Italian meal on Friday, August 30, 2019. We would love donations for this class. Please visit this link to sign up. ECS Cooking for August
PTA SNACK DRIVE FOR MR. DAY’S SNACK PANTRY:
The PTA is still collecting snacks for the Snack Pantry. Please send in individually wrapped snacks with your child. There is a donation box in the front lobby.
2019 FUN RUN SPONSORED BY THE BANKS ROAD PTA:
Parents and Families,
This year’s main fundraiser is the Trailblazer Fun Run! It’s a two-week program that kicks off with a Pep Rally on Wednesday, August 21 (Tracks 3 and 4). Families will then gather pledges for every lap your student runs (30-35 laps) at the Trailblazer Fun Run for Tracks 3 and 4, which will happen on Friday, August 30 (Tracks 3 and 4). We’ve asked the experts at Booster to power our fundraiser to make it easier, more profitable, and more fun.
Students will also experience an amazing character theme, MINDSPARK: WILD WEST! Booster’s most exciting theme yet combines S.T.E.A.M. skills (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) with character-building. While they're teaming up with the MindSpark Kids to save Dr. Shock, our students will learn five character traits that will help strengthen themselves and our world.
Donations will go toward PTA programs and the entire two-week experience. So please help our school by getting pledges from family and friends and entering them on FUNRUN.COM. Also, all families are invited to come out and cheer on our students at the Trailblazer Fun Run. Thanks so much for your support!
PTA MONTHLY MEETINGS:
The PTA will host a standing meeting on the third Monday of each month in the Media Center from 6:00pm - 7:00pm. The agenda will vary based on what is going on for the month.
FALL AIG NOMINATIONS:
"Fall" AIG nominations for 4th and 5th grade students were due to Mrs. Alford no later than Aug. 16th for Track 1. Tracks 2, 3, & 4 nominations are due to Mrs. Alford no later than Sept. 9th. Please contact Mrs. Alford (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
SAVE THE DATE:
Picture Day for Tracks 1 and 3 will be Tuesday, August 27, 2019.
Picture Day for Tracks 2 and 4 will be Tuesday, September 17, 2019.
lease help the Banks Road Elementary School PTA plan for this school year. We value your feedback and welcome all suggestions. The PTA is excited about creating new adventures at Banks Road in 2019-2020. Welcome back to school! Thank you very much!
2019 – 2020 BREAKFAST AND LUNCH PRICES:
Breakfast - $1.25
Lunch - $2.75
For the safety of all, parents should:
- Be alert to the directions of carpool staff
- Refrain from cell phone use
- NEVER pull around a car who is loading or unloading children
Students may begin entering the building at 8:45 am. The carpool drop-off zone is the sidewalk on the west side of the building. Cars should use a single lane to the right and children should exit the car from the passenger side. Please pull all the way forward so that as many cars as possible can unload at a time. Staff members are on the sidewalk to provide directions, supervisions, and assistance when needed. Students arriving after 9:10 should be walked in by a parent to be signed-in and will be considered tardy.
Dismissal begins at 3:45. Hang your carpool tag from your rearview mirror with the number facing forward and leave it visible until your child is in the car. Cars will line-up in both lanes and will wait at the stop line at the parking lot u-turn until directed by carpool staff to move forward. Children should load from the passenger side. If you need to provide assistance with buckling, please pull forward and to the left so the next group can pull forward.
New families will receive 2 new plastic carpool tags at the beginning of school each year. Returning families will be able to continue to use the plastic carpool tag previously assigned. New colored laminated tags will be given to families for additional identified family members listed on the student locator cards to pick up students. If you need a replacement, please see the receptionist. If you do not have a tag; then you will be asked to show your ID for verification of student pickup.
BUS TRANSPORTATION REMINDERS:
Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- In the mornings, students should be ready for the bus at least 10 minutes before the bus is expected to arrive.
- In the afternoon, drivers will discharge Pre-K, Kindergarten, and First Grade students only when a responsible person is present to pick them up. Drop-off times in the afternoon could vary depending on whether or not other students assigned to ride that vehicle may be absent that day. If no one is present, the child will be returned to the school or district office.
- Items carried on the bus should fit on the student's lap. Projects or other objects cannot take up seating space or block the aisle.
- Students may get on and off only at their assigned stops. They cannot ride home with friends.
- For students needing assistance, it is your responsibility to help your child from your residence to the vehicle or from the vehicle to your residence.
If you have any questions, please call the Front Desk at 919-890-7333.
Thank you for your continued support of Banks Road ES and each of our Trailblazers as they blaze their individual trails of success.