Principal's Message 8.12.19
For the week of August 12th:
- Monday, August 12th: Track 4 Beginning of Grade 3 Reading Test window opens
- Thursday, August 15th: Ident-A-Kid Program for Track 4
- Thursday, August 15th: Track 4 Open House from 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Friday, August 16th: Fun Run for Tracks 1 and 2
For the week of August 19th:
- Wednesday, August 21st: Boosterthon Pep Rally for Track 3 and Track 4
- Thursday, August 22nd: Boomers Auditions at 8am in the Multi-Purpose Room
PTA SNACK DRIVE FOR MR. DAY’S SNACK PANTRY:
Mr. Day is requesting individually wrapped snacks, such as goldfish, granola bars, etc. The PTA has placed a donation drop box in the main lobby.
Happy Sunday, Parents!
Our Banks Road Trailblazer Fun Run program is now underway! Parents, thank you so much for your support so far. Your students learned about HONESTY today!
Just so you know, students have been given a WEEKEND CHALLENGE! If a student receives a total of $2 per lap in new pledges (or $60 in flat donations) over the weekend, they’ll receive a special BONUS prize! And don’t forget to log those pledges in at funrun.com!
Have a great weekend and thank you for helping our school! #GoTrailblazers
Java Jesse & Tim Possible
A.K.A. Your Booster Team
2019 FUN RUN SPONSORED BY THE BANKS ROAD PTA:
Parents and Families,
This year’s main fundraiser is the Trailblazer Fun Run! It’s a two-week program that kicks off with a Pep Rally on Thursday, August 8th (Tracks 1&2) and Wednesday, August 21 (Tracks 3&4). Families will then gather pledges for every lap your student runs (30-35 laps) at the Trailblazer Fun Run, which will happen on Friday, August 16 (Tracks 1&2) and Friday, August 30 (Tracks 3&4). We’ve asked the experts at Booster to power our fundraiser to make it easier, more profitable, and more fun.
Students will also experience an amazing character theme, MINDSPARK: WILD WEST! Booster’s most exciting theme yet combines S.T.E.A.M. skills (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) with character-building. While they're teaming up with the MindSpark Kids to save Dr. Shock, our students will learn five character traits that will help strengthen themselves and our world.
Donations will go toward PTA programs and the entire two-week experience. So please help our school by getting pledges from family and friends and entering them on FUNRUN.COM. Also, all families are invited to come out and cheer on our students at the Trailblazer Fun Run. Thanks, so much for your support!
We will have Open House for Track 4 on Thursday, August 15, 2019 from 6:00pm – 7:30pm. There will be two teacher sessions available for parents with multiple children to visit classrooms. You do not have to go to the second session if you only have one student. We look forward to seeing you this Thursday evening.
BEGINNING OF GRADE (BOG) READING for 3rd GRADE:
The testing window for Track 4 opens on Monday, August 12, 2019. Third grade students will be tested in the area of reading.
The Ident-A-Kid program will be on campus to create student identification cards for Track 4 on Thursday, August 15, 2019. Flyers will come home for parents via students closer to the event date.
FALL AIG NOMINATIONS:
"Fall" AIG nominations for 4th and 5th grade students are due to Mrs. Alford no later than Aug. 16th for Track 1. Tracks 2, 3, & 4 nominations are due to Mrs. Alford no later than Sept. 9th. Please contact Mrs. Alford (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
BRES PTA BEGINNING OF THE YEAR SURVEY:
SAVE THE DATE:
Picture Day for Tracks 1 and 3 will be Tuesday, August 27, 2019.
Picture Day for Tracks 2 and 4 will be Friday, September 27, 2019.
2019 – 2020 BREAKFAST AND LUNCH PRICES:
Breakfast - $1.25
Lunch - $2.75
For the safety of all, parents should:
- Be alert to the directions of carpool staff
- Refrain from cell phone use
- NEVER pull around a car who is loading or unloading children
Students may begin entering the building at 8:45 am. The carpool drop-off zone is the sidewalk on the west side of the building. Cars should use a single lane to the right and children should exit the car from the passenger side. Please pull all the way forward so that as many cars as possible can unload at a time. Staff members are on the sidewalk to provide directions, supervisions, and assistance when needed. Students arriving after 9:10 should be walked in by a parent to be signed-in and will be considered tardy.
Dismissal begins at 3:45. Hang your carpool tag from your rearview mirror with the number facing forward and leave it visible until your child is in the car. Cars will line-up in both lanes and will wait at the stop line at the parking lot u-turn until directed by carpool staff to move forward. Children should load from the passenger side. If you need to provide assistance with buckling, please pull forward and to the left so the next group can pull forward.
New families will receive 2 new plastic carpool tags at the beginning of school each year. Returning families will be able to continue to use the plastic carpool tag previously assigned. New colored laminated tags will be given to families for additional identified family members listed on the student locator cards to pick up students. If you need a replacement, please see the receptionist. If you do not have a tag; then you will be asked to show your ID for verification of student pickup.
BUS TRANSPORTATION REMINDERS:
Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- In the mornings, students should be ready for the bus at least 10 minutes before the bus is expected to arrive.
- In the afternoon, drivers will discharge Pre-K, Kindergarten, and First Grade students only when a responsible person is present to pick them up. Drop-off times in the afternoon could vary depending on whether or not other students assigned to ride that vehicle may be absent that day. If no one is present, the child will be returned to the school or district office.
- Items carried on the bus should fit on the student's lap. Projects or other objects cannot take up seating space or block the aisle.
- Students may get on and off only at their assigned stops. They cannot ride home with friends.
- For students needing assistance, it is your responsibility to help your child from your residence to the vehicle or from the vehicle to your residence.
If you have any questions, please call the Front Desk at 919-890-7333.
Thank you for your continued support of Banks Road ES and each of our Trailblazers as they blaze their individual trails of success.