The purpose of school improvement is to improve achievement and outcomes for every student by working to eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
We do this by collaboratively and continuously analyzing data and making decisions considering the unique needs of the learning community and the district's strategic plan.
Guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Core Beliefs, the School Improvement Plan defines goals and objectives that guide our daily work at Brier Creek. We have a singular overarching goal that we are working towards through the implementation of five Key Processes. School Improvement is led and monitored by the School Improvement Team.
By June 2020, Brier Creek Elementary will be designated as a school that Exceeds Expected Growth by the NC School Report Card.
1. Professional Learning Teams (PLTs) will develop standards-aligned units of instruction for each subject and grade-level.
2. The school will implement a tiered instructional system that allows teachers to deliver evidence-based instruction aligned with the individual needs of students across all tiers.
3. All teachers and staff employ effective classroom management and reinforce classroom rules and procedures by positively teaching them.
4. All teachers and staff are attentive to students' emotional states, guide students in managing their emotions, and arrange for supports and interventions when necessary.
5. The school regularly communicates with parents/guardians about its expectations of them and the importance of the curriculum of the home (what parents can do at home to support their children's learning)
Some of the things we do at Brier Creek that support the achievement of our Goal and Key Processes are:
- Use of the MTSS Framework to Monitor and Respond to Growth and Achievement
- Morning Meetings in Every Classroom
- Positivity Project Lessons, Assemblies, and Reinforcement
- PLT Planning using the Understanding by Design Framework
- Parents are Connected Nights
- Teaching and Reinforcemnt of School-Wide Behavior Expectations
- Collaboraiton with the BCES PTA
- Analysis of and Response to Panorama Fmaily Engagement Survey
- Racial Equity Training
- Systematic Communication with Parents from Teachers and Administration
- Use of Restorative Practices