About Our School
Mission & Vision Statement
Mission StatementThe West Cary Middle School Community will facilitate the learning of each student to become a globally competitive and responsible citizen.Vision StatementOur school community will work collaboratively to promote a safe and inviting learning environment. This environment will support and prepare all students to successfully progress, on time, to their next grade level. We will continually encourage responsible decision-making that will make a positive impact on student learning and will foster the development of students to become productive citizens.
West Cary Middle School has a rich history spanning over 50 years of quality education for students. Our exceptional student body continues to carry a tradition of excellence through high academic achievement, community involvement, and high school readiness. These accomplishments are led by a staff of educators passionate about providing the best educational opportunities for students each and every day. At West Cary, we celebrate our past while always looking towards our future!
Some of our many accomplishments and traditions include:
- The annual Color Run is attended by hundreds of school community members
- Celebrating and supporting a diverse student body with our Equity Leadership Team
- Thriving PTSA, Arts Boosters, and Athletic Booster organizations
- Competitive Math Counts, Orchestra, Band, Choral, FCCLA, and Science Olympiad programs
- Active athletic programs including volleyball, track, basketball, soccer, softball, football, and more
- High percentile of students who graduate high school and beyond
- High proficiency and academic growth as shown by our benchmark and End of Grade Tests assessments
THEN........ AND NOW.........