Wake County Public School System will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.
- Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning each day.
- Every student is expected to learn, grow, and succeed while we will eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
- Well-supported, highly effective, and dedicated principals, teachers, and staff are essential to success for all students.
- The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high-performing organization focused on student achievement.
- The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
- The Wake County residents value a strong public school system and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.
"Salem Elementary will be a diverse learning community where students become confident, productive learners using 21st Century tools in a rigorous, collaborative environment."
We, the Salem community of learners, are all committed to:
- Encouraging effective communication and collaboration to foster proficiency and growth.
- Designing and delivering rigorous and relevant curriculum to foster critical thinking through the use of 21st Century tools.
- Embracing diversity and developing strong character.
- Creating an environment where students feel safe to be creative, think critically, collaborate, and communicate.