Driver's Ed Contacts for Willow Spring High School
Teacher Contact - Alfreda Rhodes
Driver's Eligibility Certificates - Debra Steffes
Administration - Eric Burleson
Email - email@example.com
Spring Semester Updates:March - May Classes at WSHS - Registration has closed for these classes as of March 1.Registration for summer 2022 classes (June through August) will open April 1st and close May 1st).You must complete a new application for summer classes even if you have already turned in an application for previous sessions.Per WCPSS/Jordan Driving School policy the oldest 35 students who submit a registration form are placed into each class. Most students do not get into a Driver Education class until after they are 15 1/2.All class schedules and the registration form will be found at www.jordandriving.com.Class Registration - Additional Information
In order to be considered for a Driver education class a registration form must be submitted to Ms. Rhodes. All registration forms must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completion of a registration form does not guarantee placement into a class. Students are placed into classes according to age-- the oldest 35 students are placed into each class.
Ms. Rhodes will notify parents/students approximately 3 weeks prior to the start of the class the student will be invited to attend.
Based on North Carolina Law any person under the age of 18 years of age must complete 30 hours of Driver Education class instruction and 6 hours of Behind the wheel training in order to obtain a permit or license.
All Driver Education Information (class schedules, registration form etc.) is located at www.jordandriving.com
Students Must Be 14 years 6 months in order to take Driver Education
There is a $65 class registration fee-- the fee is not to be paid until students are placed into a class by Ms. Rhodes.
Driver Education classes will be scheduled throughout the year.
After school classes are 10 days from 2:30 to 5:30.
Summer classes are either 10 days for 3 hours per day or 5 days for 6 hours per day
Students must be able to attend all class sessions for the entire class time to enroll in a class. Students participating in afterschool school sports, band or other activities cannot take a Driver Education class while participating in the sport, band or other school activity.
· Behind-the-wheel lessons will take place about 5-6 months after the classroom session concludes.
·Once school begins, BTW will be limited to after school and Saturdays again.
· Once BTW concludes, the driver will issued a Certificate of Completion. Please review it carefully for correct spelling and all other information BEFORE you leave the lesson.
· DMV Eligibility Certificates (DEC) are issued through the main office and can be picked up by the student or/parent. You will need to show your copy of the certificate of completion referenced above.IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding Driver Eligibility Certificate DEC for Learners Permit:The main office is open 7:30 am - 3:00 pm.PowerSchool will be down from June 30th - July 8th. During these dates, to receive your DEC, you must provide your most recent report card to verify your grades.In order to receive your DEC, you must have the following:
- Driver's Education Certificate
- Proof of Residency - Current (within the last 30 days) water, gas, electric bill showing mailing address and service address.
- Report Card if you come in within the dates stated above.
- Students must be passing 70% of the courses enrolled. That means having final passing grades in 3 of your 4 previous semester courses.
· PRIVATE BTW Instruction: will be self-funded and info is available or paperwork can be requested by your driving school from JDS per directions here: In-Out-Transfers
Legislative Update DMV: Senate Bill 69 (DMV Licensing Requirements) was signed into law today by Governor Cooper as Session Law 2021-24. The bill reduces from 12 months to six months that time that a person who is at least 16 years old but less than 18 years old must hold a limited learner’s permit before obtaining a limited provisional driver’s license. It applies to applications for licenses submitted on or after 24 May 2021, but expires on 31 December 2021. A copy of SL2021-24 is linked below. Please review to understand any applications that may related to your novice driver. https://www.ncleg.gov/Sessions/2021/Bills/Senate/PDF/S69v7.pdf
● Once the class is successfully completed, Ms. Rhodes will place students on a waiting list for driving.
● Students will be driven according to when the class is completed and then by age within each class.
● When it is time for a student to drive, Ms. Rhodes will assign the student to a driving instructor. The driving instructor will contact the student’s parent to schedule a driving time.