Our Mission Statement
Bridges Program provides a caring, safe, structured, and creative environment that inspires, supports, and empowers students to believe in themselves, achieve personal goals, and succeed socially, emotionally, and academically.
- Assessment/Intervention program
- Comprehensive evaluation (educational, behavioral/emotional) when appropriate
- Structured behavior management and feedback system
- Academic instruction based on individual needs and abilities
- Daily student/staff group meetings for planning, evaluation, and problem solving
- Support for student and staff as students transition back to a less restrictive setting
- Focus on strong liaison with community services
- Development of interventions and plans to facilitate student success
Description of Program
- Component of Wake County Public School System
- Located in a wing of Mt. Vernon School
- Student hours – 8:00 a.m. to 2:55 p.m.
- Breakfast – All of our students receive a free breakfast. (See Letter Attached)
- Lunch full-paid = $2.55
- Transportation provided
- Students experiencing academic, emotional and behavioral difficulties that are interfering with school success
- Students' difficulties may include academic, family, behavioral, social, neurological, and thought/mood disorders
- Students in 1st through Fifth Grade
The goal is to determine an appropriate educational setting for each student. BRIDGES supports a student's transition by working directly with students and by supporting the student once he is placed in a less restrictive educational setting.