Track Configuration for Brier Creek Elementary
In order to effectively utilize space and provide a calendar option for families, Brier Creek Elementary is a multi-track year round (MTYR) school. As of January 2023, our students are all assigned to one of three calendars, known as tracks. All three tracks could be in school at once with the exception of one track, tracked out for a three week span, while the other two remain tracked in. We must adhere to our given track configuration, which is 1-3-4. This means this is the order in which we open or close classrooms on a track. The number of classes per grade level is dependent on enrollment.
Track Assignment Priorities
We strive to honor parent requests for track assignments. However, because of the many factors affecting the process, we are not always able to do so. To ensure a transparent and equitable track assignment process, our students will be given the following priorities when initially assigning tracks:
1. Track Change Requests for continuing students will be processed first. (if no request is made, students will roll-up to the next grade on the same track unless there are insufficient seats to do so)
2. Staff members' children will be placed to match their parents' year-round track.
3. Students with elementary or middle school siblings at a MTYR school will be placed on the same track as their siblings.
4. Students with siblings at a traditional calendar school will be placed on an available track with consideration given to family preference.
5. Students who reside in our base and are new to year-round will be placed on an available track with consideration given to family preference.
6. Students who are new to year-round and applied to us as a calendar option will be placed on an available track with consideration given to family preference.
Students who enroll after initial track assignments are made will be placed where seats are available.