Kindergarten Early Assessment at York Elementary
We are getting so excited for the coming school year! This message is giving you information about our Kindergarten Early Assessment Day scheduled for Monday, August 16. Please review the time slots on the SignUp Genius and sign up for ONE time slot per child. Please type your child's name in the "My Comment" box.
Please arrive at York (12004 Strickland Road) 10 minutes before your time slot. At your child's time, a teacher will meet you in the carpool loop and take your child into the building to complete baseline assessments (looking at letters, counting, etc). Your child will need to wear a mask. Parents will wait in their cars/outside the building and should NOT leave campus. Your child's assessments may not take the entire 45 minutes. A teacher will walk your child back out to you when their assessments are complete. Email Ms. Glembocki at email@example.com with any questions.
YES Save the Date Reminders
- Sunday, August 15th @ 12:00pm - 1:00pm = Popsicles on the Playground for Kindergarten Students/Families.
- Monday, August 16th from 9:00am-2:00pm = Kindergarten Early Assessment Day.
- Monday, August 23 - Thursday, August 26 = Kindergarten Staggered Entry.
- Friday, August 27th from 2:00-3:00 pm = Kindergarten Meet the Teacher. This will be hosted remotely. More details to follow.
- Monday, August 30th = First Full Day of School for ALL Kindergarten Students!
Kindergarten Staggered Entry
We will be hosting staggered entry for our newest Bulldogs August 23rd-26th. Kindergarten students will come to school for one day during that week for initial assessments, to learn schoolwide procedures, and to meet the kindergarten teachers/team. Dates are included below based on student last name.
Monday August 23rd = A-F
Tuesday August 24th = G-L
Wednesday August 25th = M-R
Thursday August 26th = S-Z