York Virtual Academy
York Elementary, along with all WCPSS Schools, will offer a Virtual Academy for families interested in 100% online instruction regardless of other possibilities. York Virtual Academy students will be held to the same curricular and instructional policies as their Plan B Transition or Plan C peers. Virtual Academy differs from Plan B Transition and Plan C, as these students will be assigned with their Virtual Academy teacher regardless of changes in attendance or plans for other students.
- Currently, about 50% of our families have chosen Virtual Academy
- Families will have an extended opportunity to sign up for Virtual Academy from July 27-July 29. Application window closed at 5:00 pm on July 29th!
- Our top priority is to keep as many students with York Elementary teachers for Virtual Academy.
- Families will receive information about Virtual Academy Teacher assignments on Friday, August 14, 2020.
- The first two weeks of school (August 17-August 28) will be used to provide orientations, training, and overview plans for students and families. Students will receive assignments this week; however, teachers will not teach new content.
- Our York Virtual Academy website is coming soon! It will be posted on our school website as York Virtual Academy is still part of the York Elementary school community.
If you are interested in learning more, visit the homepage for WCPSS Virtual Academy: https://www.wcpss.net/domain/17137.
**If your family previously enrolled in Virtual Academy, but wishes to unenroll, you may do so during the next Virtual Academy registration period, July 27-July 29. Or, you may notify us directly by calling the school to speak with Mrs. Kearns (Data Manager).