The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is an organization that recognizes not only academic achievement but other characteristics essential to citizens in a democracy. At WLMS any 7th or 8th-grade student can apply for membership into the Honor Society, as long as they meet the criteria set forth in the NJHS By-Laws. Once a student is an official member of NJHS they should sign up for the:
- NJHS Remind code @wlmsnjh
- WLMS NJHS Google Classroom using the code ma6lopp to receive notifications and reminders.
- All meetings will be held virtually via Google Meet. Link: meet.google.com and Code: WLMSNJHS
All NJHS members are expected to complete community service hours and be active volunteers at WLMS, as well as maintain the academic expectations set forth in the By-Laws.
NJHS will host at least 2 service projects a year: One 1st semester and 2nd semester.
- 1st-semester service projects: TBA
- 2nd-semester service projects: TBA
NJHS members are expected to have 6 hours of service hours (at school) per semester.
- Opportunities Include: TBA
NJHS Calendar of Events:
Monday, April 12, 2021
NJHS Application Window OPENS
Friday, April 30, 2021
NJHS Application Window CLOSES
Monday, May 3, 2021 -Tuesday, May 26, 2021
NJHS Selection Committee Process
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
NJHS Acceptance/Rejection Letters Mailed Out
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
NJHS Spring Induction Ceremony @6:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Student & Parent NJHS Resources:
- WLMS National Junior Honor Society By-Laws Here
- WLMS National Junior Honor Society Electronic Application Here
- WLMS National Junior Honor Society Application Rubric Here
Who to Contact:
Advisor - Lisa Belben firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Advisor - Shannon Simpson email@example.com
Co-Advisor - Cassandra Gaglianese - firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Advisor - Elise Olsen - email@example.com
Co-Advisor - Deborah Kight - firstname.lastname@example.org