• Enrollment Caps

    Many schools have reached the maximum number of students they can effectively teach. When that happens, the Board of Education may place an enrollment cap on the school. 
    If you recently moved to your home and are assigned to a capped school, your child may be assigned to an overflow school. (Type in your address to confirm your base school.) However, you should still start by contacting the data manager at your base school. There may be available seats in certain grades at a capped school. In the case of magnet schools, the enrollment cap does not affect the number of magnet seats available during the selection process. Learn more about enrollment caps.


    The Board of Education maintained or instituted an enrollment cap for the following schools on Feb. 6, 2024:

    • Capped Elementary Schools: Abbotts Creek, Alston Ridge, Apex Friendship, Beaverdam, Cedar Fork, Holly Grove, Holly Ridge, Hortons Creek, Northwoods, Oakview, Olive Chapel, Parkside, River Bend, Rogers Lane, Scotts Ridge, White Oak, Weatherstone
    • Capped Middle Schools: Apex Friendship, Mills Park
    • Capped High Schools: Apex Friendship, Heritage, Panther Creek

Enrollment Caps

  • My base school has an enrollment cap. What does that mean?

  • Who may attend a capped school?

  • What if I move into the base attendance area of a school after enrollment has been capped?

  • Where do I enroll if my base school has an enrollment cap?

  • How do I prove residency (domicile) when enrolling?

  • Will I be contacted if a seat opens up at my base school?