Our Goals for Student Achievement
WCPSS’s Goal By 2020
- WCPSS will annually graduate at least 95% of its students ready for productive citizenship as well as higher education or a career
Mary E. Phillips High School Goals
- We will increase student achievement by “meeting” growth expectations in 100% of End-of-Course exam required courses.
- We will work to have 100% of all certified staff using technology to support instruction on a weekly basis.
- We will work to have at least 85% of its students attending school on a regular basis.
- We will work to have at least 75% of its faculty/staff working in an environment which fosters trust and mutual respect
Communication about Student Learning
- Communicate by updating grades in PowerSchool on a regular basis for parents and students
- Communicate expectations, instructional goals, and grading systems to the student and parent
- Communicate through conferences, progress reports, and by telephone calls
- Communicate via email, Remind101, and daily announcements
Activities to Build Partnerships
- Family Celebrations/Activities (i.e. holiday gatherings, talent show, fundraising events)
- Parent Advisory Council (PAC) monthly meetings
- Parent Student Orientation
- Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) monthly meetings