The children’s safety is our primary concern. Our carpool system is designed to offer safe and efficient dismissal of students who are picked up daily in private vehicles. Carpool registration and information may be picked up in the school office.
Carpool numbers are used to identify parents as they arrive and to call students from the waiting area. We ask all parents who drive to school to participate in the carpool system.
Due to traffic backups, we ask that you respect the following guidelines to make carpool safe and efficient for all:
1. For safety reasons, we ask that parents only walk students into the building when absolutely necessary (for example, bringing large projects into school).
2. In the morning, students may be dropped off between 8:45-9:10 am in the carpool lane.
3. Afternoon carpool will run from 3:43-4:00 pm.
4. Carpool students should be picked up by 4:00 pm.
5. Drive down along the curb as far as possible when dropping off or picking up students.
6. Students should be ready to disembark as soon as their vehicle come to a halt. Parents should remain in the car at all times.
7. Please drive slowly and do not use cell phones in the car pool line.
All parents are asked to consistently follow the school’s carpool and dismissal procedures. Consistent procedures allow for orderly, efficient, and safe entry and dismissal of all students. Parents wishing to disregard the procedures for arrival and dismissal will be issued a warning from the WCPSS Security Department.
More information for 2019-2020 coming soon