NRE Carpool General Procedures & Traffic Pattern
Our carpool system is designed to offer safe and efficient dismissal of students who are picked up daily in private vehicles. Carpool registration can be completed via the survey sent in an email from Mr. Soutter. If you indicated on the survey that you did not have a carpool number yet, someone from our front office will call you to give you one and your tag will be placed in your child’s backpack on the first day of school.
Carpool numbers are used to identify parents as they arrive and to call students from the waiting area. We ask all parents who drive to school to participate in the carpool system. Due to traffic backups, we ask that you respect the following guidelines to make carpool safe and efficient for all:
Carpool General Procedures:
- Students must be dropped off and/or picked up in the carpool unloading/loading zone in front of the school.
- Please pull all the way down in the carpool unloading/loading zone as directed by the staff. All students will be unloaded/loaded from the passenger side for safety.
- Students will complete a health screening and temperature check while in the car. Once the student has passed the health screening and temperature check the student will be allowed to disembark the vehicle. Parents should remain in the car at all times.
- In the morning, students may be dropped off between 8:45 - 9:10 am in the carpool lane.
- Students arriving after 9:15 must be signed in (the office) by the person dropping them off. Students will complete the health screening and temperature check.
- Afternoon carpool will run from 3:45 - 4:05 pm.
- Car riders must be dropped off and/or picked up in the carpool line.
- Please drive slowly and do not use cell phones in the carpool line.
Carpool Traffic Pattern:
- Carpool Map
- Enter the carpool loop from Staghorn Lane by making a right into the main entrance of the school.
- Follow the road (right line) toward the back of the school and go around the circular loop.
- Continue straight toward the front of the school and form a single line.
- Be prepared to stop at the pedestrian crossing.
- Cars will be stopped in the unloading/loading zone designated by staff. Students will unload/load on the PASSENGER SIDE ONLY.
- After exiting the unloading/loading zone, proceed straight and exit campus by making a left or right on Harps Mill Road.
All parents are asked to consistently follow the school’s carpool and dismissal procedures. Consistent procedures allow for orderly, efficient, and safe entry and dismissal of all students.