The mission of S.T.A.R.S. is to empower young women and make a difference in their lives through teacher-outreach, educational guidance and one-on-one relationships with caring adults. Our goal is to help students realize their dreams, achieve their potential, and become confident young women.
- Increase self-esteem and self-worth
- Know and value the importance of education
- Develop positive, supportive relationships
- Develop and define short and long term goals
- Take the lead in supporting a young person through ongoing, one-on-one relationships
- Serve as a positive role model
- Assist with goals setting and planning
- Build positive relationships
- Be patient, be positive
- Plan and/or facilitate at least one meeting
- HAVE FUN!!!
- Make a commitment to meet with you mentee 1-2 times per week (check-in, buddy system, etc.)
- Attend monthly meetings and events that will take place twice a month