Attendance and Absences
Holly Grove Elementary School will have an attendance committee to monitor student attendance and will intervene with appropriate action when attendance and/or tardies become excessive.
This committee will:
- Educate parents and staff of the attendance and tardy policies and procedures of WCPSS and Holly Grove Elementary School.
- Inform parents of their child’s attendance at set intervals.
- Help to educate parents and students of the importance of regular school attendance in order to show the connection between regular attendance and school success.
- Include the following people: Student Information Data Manager, School Counselor, School Social Worker and an Administrator.
- Meet at the beginning of the school year and monthly to review attendance data.
Plan of Action
- 3 Unexcused Absences: Letter will be sent home with an attendance profile attached. Letter signed by an Administrator.
- 6 Unexcused Absences: Letter (form 1700) will be mailed home with attendance profile attached. Letter will be signed by an Administrator.
- 10 Excused and/or Unexcused Absences: Letter will be mailed home with attendance profile attached. Letter signed by an Administrator. Attendance committee will review information to determine if a referral is needed to appropriate staff member (School Nurse, School Counselor, School Social Worker, Administrator) for follow up with the family.
- 15 Unexcused Absences: School Social Worker will make a referral to the Truancy Diversion and Intervention Program (TDIP) through the court system.