Apex High School
With over 90 years of history in the heart of Apex, North Carolina, Apex High School provides a supportive environment for students to excel in academics, arts, and athletics. Our students participate in 39 varsity and junior varsity sports, 50 leadership and service-oriented clubs, and a full range of course offerings including Honors, Advanced Placement, and CTE Completers. The Academy of Information Technology (AOIT), an award-winning National Academy Foundation program, provides students with opportunities to study computer science, programming, database administration, web design, and other areas in the expanding digital workplace. We are proud to be Cougars and look forward to sharing more about our school community!MissionApex High School will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.GoalBy June 2018, 95% of all Apex High School students will graduate on time.We Believe...
- Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning each day.
- Every student is expected to learn, grow, and succeed while we will eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
- Well-supported, highly effective, and dedicated principals, teachers, and staff are essential to success for all students.
- Apex High staff, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high-performing organization focused on student achievement.
- Apex High staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
- Apex High School and its community value a strong public school system and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.