Parent Email: July 29, 2019
Posted by Sarah Simmons on 7/27/2019
Welcome to another great week at Holly Grove! As we settle into the 19-20 school year (and welcome back our Track 4 families!), I wanted to share some safety reminders:
- please have your child enter and exit the vehicle on the right side during carpool
- please also display your carpool tag the entire time you are in the carpool loop- if you forget your tag, please park and come inside to obtain a temporary tag and then rejoin the line
- students are not to arrive on campus prior to 8:45 AM
- bike riders should always wear a helmet
- if you have not returned your walker agreement form, please do so ASAP. Morgan Park families, we are excited to offer you walker status as well. Students must beaccompanied by an adult (as they must cross a major road) and will dismiss in the afternoon from the Media Center door. It is not permissible to park in parking lot and walk to your car.
Thank you to all of our track 1, 2 and 3 families who braved the wet weather on Tuesday to join us for Open House. We hope you found it an informative evening and we are grateful to partner with you to ensure your child has a successful year! Track 4- mark your calendars for Tuesday, August 13th from 6:00-8:00 PM.
Please note that The Wake County Board of Education approved a price increase for 2019-20 school lunches. At elementary schools, full-paid lunches increased 20 cents to $2.75. If your child received free or reduced lunch, you need to reapply for those rates by the dates listed below:
Check out these great online resources:
Senora West is using this resource in Spanish class and kids can log on at home as well-https://rockalingua.com/
username for students: hgespanish
password for students: hgespanish
In addition, WCPSS has created a homework resource for parents:
This week at the Grove...
- Monday, July 29th- Welcome back track 4! Staggered entry for Kindergarten students Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Wednesday, July 31st- PreK parent orientation at 9:00 AM
- Thursday, August 1st- PreK first day of school
- Friday, August 2nd- Kindergarten track 4- Meet the Teacher from 9:30-11:00 (floating event- come in anytime during those hours)
- Monday, August 5th- Kindergarten track 4- first full day and parent "Boo Hoo" breakfast in the Media Center
- Tuesday, August 6th- interim reports go home for tracks 1 and 2
- Thursday, August 8th- Fall pictures for tracks 1 and 2