Parent Email: July 8, 2019
Posted by Sarah Simmons on 7/8/2019
Welcome to the 19-20 school year! We hope that you had a wonderful holiday break and we are excited to welcome back tracks 1, 2 and 3 on Tuesday, July 9th!
A few things to look forward to this year...
- We are enhancing our Morning Meeting by implementing the Positivity Project. Learn more here: https://posproject.org/
- Based on feedback from our Parent Panorama survey, teachers in all grades will be using Class Dojo to communicate with parents (no more multiple platforms!)
- We are welcoming new staff to the building- Mr. Ali is joining our custodial team, Ms. Junior is teaching 3rd grade- track 2, Ms. Knapp is teaching 5th grade- track 3, Ms. Giska is our new ESL teacher and Ms. Feldner is a kindergarten IA on track 1. Check out our Facebook page throughout the week for a feature on each of them!
Please follow this link: http://shorturl.at/yANW9 for updated 19-20 information regarding transportation (bus, carpool and walkers) to and from school. If you have any questions, please reach out to Assistant Principal McCullers at firstname.lastname@example.org
School supply lists for 19-20 are available on the HGES website and Facebook page- happy shopping
This week at the Grove...
- TRACK OUT (all tracks) June 29th-July 8th
- First day of school (tracks 1, 2 and 3) Tuesday, July 9th
- Kindergarten staggered entry (tracks 1, 2 and 3) July 9-11
- Kindergarten meet the teacher (floating) Friday, July 12th 9:30-11:00 AM
- Looking ahead...
- Monday, July 15th- first full day for all Kindergarteners on tracks 1, 2 and 3 and "Boo Hoo breakfast" for all Kindergarten parents (8:45-9:30) in the Media Center