Parent Email: July 15, 2019
Posted by Sarah Simmons on 7/15/2019
Welcome to another great week at Holly Grove!
As we settle into the 19-20 school year, I wanted to share some safety reminders:
- please have your child enter and exit the vehicle on the right side during carpool
- please also display your carpool tag the entire time you are in the carpool loop- if you forget your tag, please park and come inside to obtain a temporary tag and then rejoin the line
- students are not to arrive on campus prior to 8:45 AM
- bike riders should always wear a helmet
- if you have not returned your walker agreement form, please do so by this Wednesday, July 17th
Speaking of dismissal- we have decided to create a more efficient and safe way to dismiss students and we are excited to share our new dismissal system with you! All students now remain in their classrooms until their method of transportation is displayed on the TV screen. If you would like to view the screen in real-time to plan your afternoon accordingly (we begin populating it around 3:30 PM), please bookmark this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OZ3CUfx2houI81Wht587jnpBSKvNznoK8Cn6VVZu2eU/edit?usp=sharing . You'll be able to see when your child's bus and/or daycare van has arrived to campus. You will also be able to see the placement of your child's number in the carpool line and the color hedgie they have been assigned to. The link can also be found on the main Holly Grove page under "Quick Links", "HGES Dismissal".
Please note that The Wake County Board of Education approved a price increase for 2019-20 school lunches. At elementary schools, full-paid lunches increased 20 cents to $2.75. If your child received free or reduced lunch, you need to reapply for those rates by the dates listed below:
Also new for 19-20 is "Hedgie Pride Friday's"- students are encouraged to wear their HGES spirit wear on Friday's and the class with the best percentage of participation will get to keep a stuffed hedgehog in their room for the week and will have a sign displayed on their door for bragging rights. Kindergarten students are encouraged to wear purple or orange until they have the opportunity to purchase spirit wear and/or earn their laps for Holly Grove shirts.
This week at the Grove...
- Monday, July 15th- Kindergarten students on tracks 1, 2 and 3 first full day! "Boo-Hoo Breakfast" hosted by the PTA for Kindergarten parents in the Media Center from 8:45-9:30 AM
- Tuesday, July 23rd- Ident-a-Kid for tracks 1, 2 and 3
- Tuesday, July 23rd- Open House from 6:00-8:00 PM for tracks 1, 2 and 3
- Thursday, July 25th- 3rd grade students on tracks 1, 2 and 3 will take the Beginning of Grade (BOG)ELA exam
- Friday, July 26th- track 3's last day