Weekly Message for 10-6-19
Posted by Andrew Livengood on 10/6/2019 6:00:00 AM
Hello Pine Hollow Middle School community. This is your principal, Andrew Livengood, with the weekly message for October 6.
- 8th Grade Field Trip: DC Commitment forms are due for Tracks 2 and 3 on October 9, for Track 1 on October 16, and Track 4 on October 24. The first payments are due November 7 (Tracks 1, 2, and 4) and November 14 (Track 3) via online payments.
- Report Cards: Will go home on Friday for students on Tracks 1-3.
- Math EOG/EOC Results: Individual Student Reports have been distributed to students on all tracks. The ISR tells you how your student performed on their 2018-19 Math EOG or EOC. Please ask your child for this report and see the attachment in the weekly message for more info regarding ISRs.
- Student Council Fun Run: Mark your calendars for November 2 at 10:00am! PHMS Student Council is in the process of planning the first ever Pine Hollow Middle School Food Drive Fun Run! This year's race will be a 3k, and you can walk or run it—all are welcome! This year's theme is the crazy costume run! Please join us in wearing fun costumes while running the course. However, we do ask that there are NO masks for everyone's safety! We will not be taking on-site registration, so please register now. Cost is $15 and all proceeds go to the NC Food Bank to help fight hunger! Visit ly/phfunrun2019for more information and visit the PTSA website to register for this event.
- Driving Near Campus: Please make sure you maintain a safe speed through the neighborhood. Property owners have recently voiced concerns regarding some vehicles traveling too fast. Thank you for doing your part to keep everyone safe.
- Community Reads: We're excited to announce our latest PHMS Community Reads title! Community Reads is an opportunity for students, parents, siblings, neighbors, friends, and staff of Pine Hollow to read the same book and participate together in events and activities related to the book. Our Fall 2019 selection is the soon-to-be released title,Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky, written by Raleigh-based author Kwame Mbalia! If you're a lover of fantasy novels, especially the works of Rick Riordan, then you'll love this new novel that explores the myths and legends of the African and African American experience. The official release date is October 15th and Quail Ridge Books is offering our school a 20% discount to pre-order the book! We encourage members of our school community to purchase their own copy as part of this pre-order event, which runs now through Fri., Oct. 4th. To order your copy, visit this special Pine Hollow Middle School link with Quail Ridge Books. More information about the book & author can be found here: https://kwamembalia.com/books/ . We're excited about having our students and school community participate in this great literacy-focused event. If you have any questions, please reach out to Kristen Ziller, Library Media Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mike Hutchison, Social Studies Teacher (email@example.com).
- Soccer and Volleyball are at Leesville Road Middle on Thursday. Game time is 4PM.
- Football is under the lights vs. Leesville Road Middle on Tuesday. Game time for this game only is 6PM. It will be played at the Leesville Road High School stadium.
- Admission for all games is $5. Please come out and support the teams!
- Athletic passes are now available. They are for HOME games only. Click here for more info.
- Signs of Suicide Prevention Program: Over the next three months, Pine Hollow is offering depression awareness and suicide prevention training to all 7thgrade students as part of the SOS Signs of Suicide® Prevention Program. This topic is part of the Healthful Living Standard Course of Study and will be delivered by the counseling team during Healthful Living classes. The goal is to educate your child and to give them guidance on how to get help for themselves or a friend. Please review the detailed letter sent home with your child, which also includes dates for the program. If you have any questions, concerns, or if your child is sensitive to this topic, please contact your child's counselor.
- Saturday Make-up Days: November 16 and December 7 from 8:15 until 11:45. Lunch is NOT served on Saturdays.
- Yearbooks: A Pine Hollow yearbook is a keepsake, a jewel, the treasure trove of youth. Reserve your yearbook now while they are discounted for $40 from September 1- November 30! It’s one of the best books you’ll purchase this year. All yearbooks are ordered online http://www.strawbridge.net/Our school code is YB112059.
- From the PTSA:
- The Box Tops for Education program is changing the way we can earn cash for our school! Going forward, instead of clipping from packages and checking expiration dates, all Box Tops will be earned digitally by scanning your receipt. Download the app now. If you still have traditional Box Tops clips at home, make sure to send them to school. We will still earn cash for all clipped Box Tops until they expire. Thanks for helping our school get what it needs!
- Invest In Your Child Campaign: PHMS PTSA collects donations only once a year through this “no fuss” giving/fundraising campaign. 100% of your donation directly supports our students, staff and school—in this academic year. Here are some of the key initiatives the PTSA is planning to fund in 2019-20:
- $125 Teacher grant/per teacher to help our educators provide tools for their classrooms.
- Turf maintenance program and replacement uniforms for our athletic programs.
- Cultural arts programs for the enrichment of our students.
- Support for student council, annual play/musical, concessions at numerous events, teacher appreciation, regular parent communication, and other activities that enrich the PHMS experience.
- Additional audiovisual equipment for the school musical/play and talent show.
- Technology and band instrument replacement and repairs.
Donations will be accepted till October 11th.
Teacher Treats: If you would like to help donate to stock the teacher workroom they would greatly appreciate it. Some items that are requested are: coffee pods (Medium Roast, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Dark Roast) and packaged snacks (i.e. granola bars, chips, etc.) Thank you to everyone who has already sent items in.
Visit our website to find out all the ways you can support your Pilots!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @PHMSPTSA
- Have a great week and remember, at Pine Hollow Middle School the sky is the limit!
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016