Principal's Weekly Message
West Lake Wildcat Families~ This week is a two-day week and Tuesday is an Early Release where we will dismiss at 11:55. Thank you in advance to our PTSA and parents who are providing lunch for our staff for Tuesday’s Staff Development!
We wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and are very grateful for your partnership to make WLMS a school community that puts our students first!
Curriculum Night at WLMS- November 29, 2018
On Thursday, November 29th, WLMS will be hosting our next Family Curriculum Night from 7:00-8:30 PM. Our staff is very excited to provide these opportunities to you!
Join us, with your student(s), to experience what the math and language arts classrooms look like in the new EL and OpenUp program. The following opportunities and sessions will also be available that evening, and we cannot wait to see you there! Please RSVP here if your family is interested: https://goo.gl/forms/52wZnbeMa9rfpDiK2
Opportunities available to families on November 29th
- Experience the EL language arts program with your student
- Participate in OpenUp and MVP math lessons with your student
- Counselors will be giving presentations about how to better support your child socially and emotionally; and how we are doing so each day at school
- Get more information about the Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) program
- Have dinner at WLMS- Stuft Potatoes and Dusty Donuts Food Trucks will be available starting at 6:30 PM for dinner
- 6th Grade Band Concert at 6:30 PM
- Holiday Shopping Available too!!
- Winter Spirit Wear will be for sale.
- The Book Fair will be open to families starting at 6:00 and throughout the evening in the Media Center.
Apex Public School Foundation
We are excited to share that the Apex Public School Foundation (APSF) will be providing another layer of support to our students, teachers and staff. The APSF is an independent, nonprofit, volunteer organization whose mission is to create and maintain a fund for the benefit of all students enrolled in WCPSS schools located in Apex. Please visit the APSF website to learn more about the foundation and opportunities to get involved. https://www.helpapexschools.org
The Book Fair is coming to WLMS 11/26-12/7. The PTSA is looking for a few
volunteers to help with the upcoming Book Fair starting at the end of November. It doesn’t take much of your time and is a huge help for students & staff. Please consider signing up for one of the available time slots: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e4eaea92fab9-book
Book Fair Family Nights will be held on Thursday, November 29th (Curriculum Night!) and Tuesday Dec 4 from 6:00-8:00 PM.
This Week at WLMS
Tuesday, November 20 11:55 Dismissal for Early Release
Wed., Nov. 21 thru Fri., Nov. 23 Thanksgiving Holiday- No School
With appreciation for your partnership,
Anne Marie Adkins