Year-round families can check for bus stops
Year-round school families that have transportation eligible bus riders can find new bus routes for 2019-20 starting June 21, 2019.
Go to www.wcpss.net/routes and click your student’s school to view the bus routes. Find the listed stop nearest your residence for your stop location.
You can find transportation information specific to your student on Homebase/Powerschool. Click the Transportation tab for detailed information.
With Home Base, Year-round families will see:
- Transportation status - Does your student have an assigned bus stop? Is your student transported by a vendor? Does your family live in the No Transport/Walk Zone?
- Transportation Type - Does your student have a neighborhood or express bus stop?
- Route description - The school route number or name
- Stop location - The location where the yellow school bus stops, or the address where vendors pick up your student
- Estimated bus stop arrival times – The planned time that the bus will arrive at your student’s bus stop
- If you do not have a Home Base/Powerschool account, you can sign up at your student’s school. More information on Home Base is available at www.wcpss.net/student-information.
Families that do not have access to the internet should check bus routes at their school.
Before the first day of school, please make sure you know your student’s stop location.
Students should be ready and waiting for the bus at least 10 minutes before the bus is expected to arrive in the morning. Actual stop times will vary during the first few weeks of school as families adjust to new routines. We urge parents to be patient as routes settle. Unexpected traffic congestion could also cause buses to be delayed.
A stop marked “doorside means your student should not cross the street to board the bus.
We encourage parents to review bus safety with their children to get the new school year off to a great start.