Welcome to Holly Grove Middle School
Holly Grove Middle School is a multi-track year-round school. The faculty and staff believe in the vision that all students WILL succeed.
In order for this to happen, the staff at HGMS follow the DOGS expectations, which are:
- Relationships come first
- Engaging lessons every day
- Supervision is everyone's job
- Positive interactions with everyone
We are committed to fostering a school environment where every student will encounter adults each day that are willing to meet them where they are and help them make progress towards their goals. Throughout the eight period day, the students attend their core classes, physical education, and elective class and have a period set aside for enrichment or remediation.
Wake County Public School System will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.
The community of Holly Grove Middle School empowers students to collaboratively explore, problem solve, create, and lead in today's ever-changing society.
The community of Holly Grove Middle School will:
1. Establish a sense of trust among all stakeholders.
2. Seek and value the contributions of all stakeholders.
3. Commit to fostering a growth mindset.
4. Create student-leadership opportunities that develop skills needed for the future.
The traditional 180 day school year is divided into nine-week quarters with a three-week break at the end of each quarter. A continuous cycle of learning remedial and acceleration programs offered during track-out as resources permit.