Welcome to Holly Grove Middle School
Holly Grove Middle School is a multi-track year round school. The faculty and staff believe in the vision that all students WILL succeed.
In order for this to happen, the staff at HGMS follows the DAWGS expectations which are:
- Relationships come first
- Engaging lessons every day
- Supervision is everyone's job
- Positive interactions with everyone
We are committed to supporting students and parents with all their technology needs to ensure they can make the most of learning at school and at home. Throughout the eight period day, the students attend their core classes, physical education, and elective class and have a period set aside for enrichment or remediation.
Wake County Public School System will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.
The community of Holly Grove Middle School empowers students to collaboratively explore, problem solve, create, and lead in today's ever-changing society.
The community of Holly Grove Middle School will:
1. Establish a sense of trust among all stakeholders.
2. Seek and value the contributions of all stakeholders.
3. Committ to fostering a growth mindset.
4. Create student-leadership opportunities that develop skills needed for the future.
Traditional 180 day school year divided into nine week quarters with a three week break at the end of each quarter. Continuous cycle of learning remedial and acceleration programs offered during track-out as resources permit.
- Current Enrollment: 980
- Grades: 6-8
- Assistant Principals: 3
- Teaching Faculty: 70
- School Schedule: 8:15 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- A= 90 - 100
- B= 80 - 90
- C= 70 - 80
- D= 60 - 70
- F= 0 - 59