Bulldog Bulletin for the Week of April 12th
Upcoming Important Dates
4/13- PTA Meeting at 7pm (Change)
4/14- Asynchronous Day PreK-5th
4/28- Asynchronous Day PreK-5th
Please join us Tuesday, April 13th at 7:00pm for our PTA Meeting. Here is a copy of the agenda.
Counselor's Parent April Newsletter
Click here for a copy of the Counselor's April Newsletter.
Water Fountains are still not open so please send your student to school with a water bottle daily. Please make sure it is labeled with your child’s name. Thanks
Virtual Academy Parent Training
We invite all of our Virtual Academy families to join us for a special training for online learners called Healthy Work Habits for Your Virtual Learner. We will be offering 2 different sessions.
- Wednesday, April 14th at 12:00 PM. Please join us using this link
- Thursday, April 15th at 6:30 PM. Please join us using this link
VA FAMILIES ONLY-EOG VA Testing
This year, students in grades 3-5 are scheduled to take the North Carolina End of Grade Test (EOG). The testing window is from May 12th- June 10th.
- Students in grade 3 will take the EOG Reading and the EOG Math tests on two separate days. Also, students without a good cause exemption will be invited back to take the Read to Achieve assessment on an additional day.
- Students in grade 4 will take the EOG Reading and the EOG Math tests on two separate days.
- Students in grade 5 will take the EOG Reading, EOG Math, and the EOG Science tests on 3 separate days.
We are asking parents of VA students to let us know if you will be participating in testing this school year. Please make the decision based on what you feel is best for your family and complete the following survey by Monday, April 12th at 3:00 pm. https://forms.gle/ZsUSpgFmYd2d3F81A
Next Year- Please complete!
Please complete one intent form for each of your Kindergarten through 4th Grade students. The information gathered from these forms will aid us in planning related to staffing and classroom numbers for next school year.
Complete un formulario de intención para cada uno de sus estudiantes de kinder a cuarto grado. La información recopilada de estos formularios nos ayudará en la planificación relacionada con el personal y los números de aula para el próximo año escolar.
The Special Education Services Family and Community Connections team is excited to offer four live virtual sessions for WCPSS parents in April. All sessions will be held 6:30-7:30 p.m. Registration is now open.
- April 8 - Parent Tips to Effectively Participate in the IEP Process
- April 13 - Understanding Transitions
- April 21 - All About Related Services
- April 27 - Parent Advocacy
Parents: We Need YOU!
It's about that time to start thinking ahead for 2021-22 PTA positions! There are many ways you can help be a part of the Briarcliff PTA family. Whether you want to take charge, or just help in a small way, there's a place for you! Almost all positions need new leadership next year!
Please see the list of all positions as well as descriptions at our website. Email the Nominations committee if you are interested in helping out in the 2021-22 school year. Parents, we can't do it without you!
Fund A Teacher Raffle
Hello fabulous families!
The PTA strives to support and advocate for our amazing teachers and staff at Briarcliff. Through these unprecedented times, the PTA has restricted it's budget this year in many ways, but we feel like teacher grants are possibly even more important this year than in the past. We've started a fundraising effort this week, Fund-A-Teacher Raffle, specifically for these teacher grants. In the past the funds we've raised at our Spring Fling Auction have gone to our teachers and educational specialists to offer them the chance to acquire additional materials for their classes, our teacher grants. As a virtual alternative, we're going for our first ever online raffle to fund these grants!
There are five prizes for which you can enter:
- Set of 12 Heroes in Training books by local author Joan Haloub
- Five $10 gift certificates to Lucky 32, Southern Kitchen in Cary,
- Dinner for 2 at Bad Daddy's Burgers in Cary
- Gift basket for the Butcher's Market, including a $25 gift card and so much more
- $250 pizza party from Papa Murphy's
Each $1 that you donate for each raffle item is one entry into that raffle. Raffle closes and prizes will be randomly selected Friday, April 16, to be delivered or picked up the following week. Each donation, no matter how big or small, goes right to our teachers; thank you in advance for your generosity! Click here to be connected directly to our PTA store. If you'd rather pay with cash or check, please send to school with your student in an envelope marked "PTA Raffle." Please indicate how much and for which raffle you would like to enter, along with your phone number, email, and your child's name & teacher so we can notify winners.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us!
PTA Fund-A-Teacher Raffle