Bulldog Bulletin for the Week of 3/5/21
Upcoming Important Dates
3/24- Asynchronous Day PreK-5th
3/25- End of 3rd Quarter
3/29- 4/7- Spring Break (Change)
4/13- PTA Meeting at 7pm (Change)
4/14- Asynchronous Day PreK-5th
4/28- Asynchronous Day PreK-5th
Why am I getting attendance letters from the school?
Many families may be concerned with the letter/s concerning attendance. Here is what you need to know:
- All students with six absences must receive a letter.
- All students with ten absences must receive a second letter.
- These letters are required by the State of North Carolina.
- Receiving the letter does not mean that they are automatically referred to court.
- If you have concerns about the letter please email Allison Poindexter email@example.com) or Judy Mornin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please let us know if we can support your family with attendance in any way.
Next Year- Please complete!
Please complete one intent form for each of your Kindergarten through 4th Grade students. The information gathered from these forms will aid us in planning related to staffing and classroom numbers for next school year.
Complete un formulario de intención para cada uno de sus estudiantes de kinder a cuarto grado. La información recopilada de estos formularios nos ayudará en la planificación relacionada con el personal y los números de aula para el próximo año escolar.
Parents: We Need YOU!
It's about that time to start thinking ahead for 2021-22 PTA positions! There are many ways you can help be a part of the Briarcliff PTA family. Whether you want to take charge, or just help in a small way, there's a place for you! Almost all positions need new leadership next year!
Please see the list of all positions as well as descriptions at our website. Email the Nominations committee if you are interested in helping out in the 2021-22 school year. Parents, we can't do it without you!
Fund A Teacher Raffle
Hello fabulous families!
The PTA strives to support and advocate for our amazing teachers and staff at Briarcliff. Through these unprecedented times, the PTA has restricted it's budget this year in many ways, but we feel like teacher grants are possibly even more important this year than in the past. We've started a fundraising effort this week, Fund-A-Teacher Raffle, specifically for these teacher grants. In the past the funds we've raised at our Spring Fling Auction have gone to our teachers and educational specialists to offer them the chance to acquire additional materials for their classes, our teacher grants. As a virtual alternative, we're going for our first ever online raffle to fund these grants!
There are five prizes for which you can enter:
- Set of 12 Heroes in Training books by local author Joan Haloub
- Five $10 gift certificates to Lucky 32, Southern Kitchen in Cary,
- Dinner for 2 at Bad Daddy's Burgers in Cary
- Gift basket for the Butcher's Market, including a $25 gift card and so much more
- $250 pizza party from Papa Murphy's
Each $1 that you donate for each raffle item is one entry into that raffle. Raffle closes and prizes will be randomly selected Friday, April 16, to be delivered or picked up the following week. Each donation, no matter how big or small, goes right to our teachers; thank you in advance for your generosity! Click here to be connected directly to our PTA store. If you'd rather pay with cash or check, please send to school with your student in an envelope marked "PTA Raffle." Please indicate how much and for which raffle you would like to enter, along with your phone number, email, and your child's name & teacher so we can notify winners.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us!
PTA Fund-A-Teacher Raffle