Return to Headlines
In-Person Update and Reminders 3
- All children need to be able to answer no to the following questions and have a temperature under 100.4 to enter the building:
- Have you had close contact (within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes) in the last 14 days with someone diagnosed with Covid-19 or has any health department or health care provider advised you to quarantine?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- New cough
- New shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Have you been diagnosed with Covid 19 in the past 10 days?
- If a student is experiencing any type of illness they must stay home or be sent home to quarantine for 14 days unless they receive an alternate diagnosis or a negative PCP test.
- Household members must also stay home.Any WCPSS student or employee living in the same house with a person experiencing any symptom of illness must quarantine for 14 days. The household member’s 14-day quarantine begins at the end of the tenth day of isolation of the person experiencing a symptom of illness. This means the household member must be out of school/work for 24 days. The household member may return sooner than 24 days if the person experiencing a symptom of illness receives confirmation of an alternate diagnosis or a negative PCR/Molecular* test.
- Every family needs to have a plan to pick up their student if they are called. We know many families are working, but coming to get your child is an immediate requirement.
- Any student who is quarantined will be offered an online option if they are healthy enough to participate.
- The School District will notify parents through a dashboard if a positive case of Covid 19 has been reported in the school. This information can be found on the district website using the following link WCPSS COVID Metrics website.