Bulldog Bulletin for 9/2/19
No SCHOOL on Monday, September 2nd
Kindergarten and New Parents Orientation
Tuesday, September 3rd at 9:15 in the Media Center. Come meet some of our Cast and Crew and learn about our School. Topics include: transportation, nurse/medication, lunch, arrival and dismissal, etc
Cafeteria Work in Progress
Please note that parents will not be able to eat lunch with their child until Monday, Se[ptember 16th. The cafeteria is switching to students having a choice about where they sit. We are working on getting seating for parents to et with their child.
Daily Drop-off and Pick Up
Drop off times are 8:45-9:15
Pick up times are from 3:45-4:00
- No drop off prior to 8:45 as there is no staff to monitor students,
- You may NOT park on Pond Street to drop off students for safety reasons.
- Carpoolers must remain in their cars in the carpool line at all times.
- You must have your carpool tag. After Wednesday, September 4th, you will have to come inside to check out your child. (Please see Mrs. Morin, in the front office, for your carpool tag.
- If you have bus concerns, please contact the WCPSS Transportation Department at 919-805-3030
We Need Your Help
Please contact Ms. Benton at email@example.com if you are interested in serving as a parent representative on our School Improvement Team. Meetings will be held in the conference on the 4th Tuesday of every month from 8:00-8:45.
Welcome to the Bulldog Bulletin. I will plan on sending one out once a week, usually on Sundays. This will include updates from both school and the PTA. It will also contain dates to add to your calendar. It will come out as an email, text message, and be posted on our website. If you did not get it as a text you need to opt-in by following the directions below:
- Go to wcpss.net
- Under parents go to school communication (school messenger)
- Go to the paragraph that says: Text messages will only be sent to people who opt-in.
- Follow the directions
Follow us on Twitter @BriarcliffES and @MrsLoriNelson
Want to see what is happening while your child is at school in real time? Then follow us on Twitter. There you can see pictures and receive updates from your child's teachers. Even if you are not a Twitter user you can visit our homepage and see our feed.
If you have not already, we encourage you to join the BES PTA. They support and sponsor programs, teachers, and a variety of work throughout the campus. They are also looking for volunteers and for a variety of programs and events. You can send in the form or join online here.
9/2/19 No School
9/3/19 New Parent Meeting- media center
9/3/19 PTA Meeting at 7:00
9/5/19 and 9/19/19 9:15 Volunteer Training
9/10-11/22 PTA Briarcliff Fundraiser Challenge
9/12/19 BOG 3rd grade
9/19/19 PTA McTeacher Night
9/24/19 Interims go home
9/26/19 Curriculum Night 6-7:30 (PTA Meeting at 6)
9/30/19 NO SCHOOL