September 4, 2020
Dear RMS Parents and Families,
I can’t believe we have already reached the end of week 3. It has been a great start. We are impressed with students and how great they have done. We know it can be challenging, but we appreciate everyone’s hard work and dedication. Here are a few important items I want to share with you as we head into the long weekend.
- NO School: Remember that three is no school on Monday in observance of Labor Day. I hope everyone is able to enjoy the long weekend. We will pick up on Tuesday, with our regular Tuesday schedule next week.
- Daily Schedules: You may have noticed that times for each class period are listed in Powerschools. Please disregard these times/schedule. We are required to enter these in Powerschools, but these would be our normal times if we were at school. We are working to see if we can disable that, but in the meantime please be sure you are following the schedule provided at the beginning of the year. These can also be found on our Remote Learning HQ site. Here is the direct link to our Remote Learning HQ and then click on “schedules”: https://www.wcpss.net/domain/17356
- Book checkout from library: We are excited to share that the RMS Library is open for circulation! Students can log into Wake ID and then click on Follett to virtually browse the library shelves and checkout materials by placing a "hold".
The Library Media Coordinator, Mrs. Hanly, will receive the request and contact the student via school email when it is ready for pick up.
Books are placed in bags and are available for curbside pickup and return on Mondays and Fridays from 8-9am and 1-2pm. Ebooks and audiobooks are also available. Ask your Language Arts teacher for access to videos on this process if needed.
- 7th Grade Immunizations: The state has extended the deadlines for proof-of-immunization and health assessment requirements for school. All immunization requirements and health assessments are now due by September 30, 2020. Students will be granted a 30-day grace period which expires on October 30, 2020.
- Appropriate Online Behavior: Overall, students have done a great job of demonstrating the ability to meet our expectations for appropriate online behavior. Please continue to remind your child that it is important to show appropriate behavior while online. You may want to remind them that everything we do online creates a “digital footprint” so it’s important to make good decisions.
Additionally, we recognize that cyberbullying is real and we take it very seriously. Please remind your child that this is not acceptable. Now more than ever we need to show one another kindness, encouragement, and support.
- Child Nutrition Services: This past week the government made a wonderful decision to continue to continue to provide food to families at no cost and no ID needed through December 31. In observance of Labor Day, all WCPSS food distribution sites will be closed on Monday, September 7.
- Parent Survey: As we close out week 3 of the school year we would like to collect some brief feedback from you to help us continue to improve and provide the best possible experience for students and parents. We appreciate you taking a few minutes to provide us some feedback. You can use this link to complete the survey: http://bit.ly/rmsparentsurvey
- Powerschools Access: We are still accepting Powerschool requests from parents. Here is a reminder of how you can do that:
You will need to fill out the Request Form, which can be found by clicking on this link.
Please email the completed form along with a picture of your ID (typically a driver’s license) to email@example.com She will confirm your information and will reply with the information you need to access Powerschools.
Rolesville Middle School